Marc Cushman and Linda LaRosa's I SPY BOOK

Check out The Robert Culp CHANNEL on YouTube

Return to Index  

Spectre Review

October 1 2011 at 3:26 PM
Mona  (Login mmDerdekea)
from IP address 68.2.160.33

Response to The Consummate Culp - Spectre

I have to agree with Tatia that this is a "consummate" review of Spectre. wink.gif I agree with the comments, that it was very enjoyable but kind of fell apart at the end with the goofy special effects. Also, I never understand why a demon wouldn't just kill Sebastian by sneaking up behind him, leaving the magic alone so Sebastian wouldn't sense anything, and hitting Sebastian's head hard with a blunt object. I never get why bad guys let those out to destroy them hang around their lair, progress in their investigation and then cause serious trouble for them. It's the old "Bond phenomenon" and if I had been Asmodeus, yeah, Sebastian would not have made it out of my house. However, since the demon stuck with using magic (maybe he is programmed to only do evil through magic, which makes sense), luckily, Sebastian knew some chants and things which can work against the demon's doings.

The little creature at the end looks like a mix of the two poor special effects done in TGAH--the sea monster and the electric monster. wink.gif

I can get tired by the sidekick never believing ANY real aspect of what is happening, (Really, Scully? After MANY Seasons you STILL don't believe in supernatural/alien things? Really?) so was happy when Hamm finally got corralled into believing magic existed at the end.

All in all, an easy, enjoyable way to spend an hour or two! And Culp does look lean and handsome!

Mona

Respond to this message   
Responses