Listen to the "wonderfulness" of the I SPY Theme
Marc Cushman and Linda LaRosa's I SPY BOOK

Check out The Robert Culp CHANNEL on YouTube

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Guns and holsters

September 12 2008 at 2:20 PM
  (Login uncle1111)
from IP address 75.109.172.71

Hi. New to this forum. I watched I Spy and The Man From U.N.C.L.E. when I was a kid. I have the DVD's of both and I have had access to some of the guns and holsters used on the The Man From U.N.C.L.E. and I now make replicas of them. I want to work on some for I Spy, but accuracy is very important to me and I need good screen shots of the guns and holsters. If anyone has a list of sites with these I would love to have a copy.
Thanks,
Brad
www.TheUncleGun.com

This message has been edited by uncle1111 from IP address 75.109.172.71 on Sep 12, 2008 3:31 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login tatialoringnw)

Re: Guns and holsters

September 13 2008, 3:49 PM 

Hi Brad,

And welcome, also ....

As to Kelly and Scotty's guns - we have had some discussions on this over the years.

Since this is not an area I know much about (Tatia never liked guns) ... I'll refer you to what's been posted so far - and throw in some photos.

Here are 2 postings about "Guns and Shoulder Holsters" that have been on the FORUM. We also have a "Search" feature (on the top gray bar on our first page), which might be helpful to you, also.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/172251/message/1146277385/

http://www.network54.com/Forum/172251/message/1097319936/Re-+Holsters

Though people have had definite views of what guns Kelly and Scotty used, they appear to have used different ones at different times.

These photos are from a posting before we moved to our home here on Network 54.

This was listed as Scotty's Colt Commander

and this one was Kelly's Walther P38K

and some other shots of different guns they used

You can find that they wore Shoulder Holsters in "Danny Was A Million Laughs," "Tatia," and "Cup of Kindness."

And here are some assorted comments about what kind of guns were used ...

by ameci50 9/22/07
Kelly Robinson used a Walther P-38K and Alexander Scott used a Smith & Wesson Model 29 9mm Auto.

by sgspires 6/24/06
In the televised episodes, mostly, Alexander Scott and Kelly Robinson used M1911A Colt .45 automatic handguns.
In a couple of episodes I think 9mm Berrettas were used. I remember one in particular, "This Guy Smith," where the character of Robison shoves a small automatic in his back pocket. I think that was a Berretta. No way you could do that with a .45.
However, in many PR shots released to hype I Spy, before the show aired, Culp and Cosby can be seen posing with Walther P-38s

by wpglory 11/10/06
The weapons I remember seeing most often were a Browning Hi-Power 9mm and a Walther P-38 9mm.

Hope this helps! Anybody have more to add??

As always,

Tatia

~ ~

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Guns and holsters
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index