I think we found a house!

by (no login)

Mark and I have been house hunting for the past few months and I think we found one. It is on the road that goes along the Snake river just before it empties into the Columbia River. About two miles up river from there. It is 1.66 acres and has an absolutely beautiful 3 bedroom house with vaulted ceilings, real wood floors in the entryway and sunken living room, Large Rock tile floors in the kitchen and also in the sunken dinning/family room area. The bedroom as good sized with the master bedroom opening out onto a covered deck with a hot tub. The master bath has a huge dual shower and there are three large closet in that room too. Nice large kitchen with lots of cabinet space and a laundry room with lots of storage space. We made an offer on it today and should know by Tuesday if it is accepted or if we have to make another offer etc. I am excited and a bit sad all at the same time. It means Mark won't have to drive so far to work every day or night depending on what shift he is working and the idea of a fresh start for the two of us is awesome but leaving the home where we raised our children and where he has lived for over 50 years is extremely difficult for both of us. It tears me apart seeing how hard this is for him. Plus the kids don't want us to move but there is really know reason to stay if we can't farm the ground ourselves and all the equipment was sold off years ago. The new place is in a wonderful neighborhood where all the houses are on at least an acre and are well maintained. It is extremely quiet and the backyard is fairly secluded. So many of the places we looked at had more acreage but they were always right next to or across from places that were not well maintained. I think Mark will be comfortable because it is such a nice private yard. The only draw back is we need to build a shop because it doesn't have one. Anyway, it this is where we are meant to be then we will get the house. It even has a little Buddhist garden in the backyard! I hope all is well all of you. Namaste Uni

Posted on Apr 23, 2012, 1:07 AM
from IP address 207.118.125.93

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

CURRENT MOON
moon phase