Return to Index  

A perfect travel compagnion...

September 25 2006 at 2:39 PM
Magnus Bosse  (Login mbosse)
AP Discussion Group

Response to Any Leman GMT Alarm Owners Out There??

during my recent trip to SE Asia. Very versatile and adaptable to different environments, extremely reliable and really usabel complications for travel usage (GMT and alarm watch). The date is coupled to the local time and switches, if timeline crossed, back or forwards. This cannot be underappreciated. Timekeeping performance is outstanding, I did not set the watch since I got it (that was two weeks ago!).

On the downside, I think the readability at night is slightly compromised due to an abundance of luminous indications, and the skeleton local time hands do not have optical weight enough to stand out. Also, I think the movement is not the most beautiful one (from a design/construction point of view, the finish is truely marvellous!). But keep in mind: alarm watch movements are rarely a cover model (I do not know why, though!). And this one has all the goodies: freesprung balance, automatic winding for movement and alarm mechanism, alarm acting on a tone spring for very smooth sound, and finally a column-wheel controlled alarm on/off switch. There is indeed not much room for improvements!

Here is a pic freshly from Singapore Airport:

Hope this helps!

Best,
Magnus

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Thanks! - Mark_NJ on Sep 25, 2006, 6:41 PM
  •  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page