Return to Index  

Re: Thoughts/comments (esp on price) appreciated

November 1 2006 at 2:52 PM
Kevin  (Login mcklof)

Response to Drooling over LE rose gold BP Flyback 2185F - Thoughts/comments (esp on price) appreciated

I purchased the LE 2185F US Version last year. This was one of 50 produced for the US. The distinguishing features include the rubber strap and the red tipped indicators.

Positives: To date, the actual piece and mechanism have worked like a charm. Very accurate. The chronograph second hand returns to slightly (about 1/4 of a second) before zero when reset. I figure that will be easily resolved when serviced in two years (I estimate that the watch was actually manufactured a few years ago.)

Negatives:

-- Dings easily, which is the reality of wearing an 18k gold piece on a daily basis. Most of the scuffs and scratches will polish out when serviced.

--My biggest complaint and overall disappointment with Blancpain was with the rubber strap. It was an older style that showed wear after no more than two months of use. That included no swimming or physical activity. It is pretty much accepted that this version of the rubber strap was subject to wear, and Blancpain has switched to a more rigid, practical strap in the past few years. I have read other posts where the strap was replaced a no charge because Blancpain acknowledged the problem with the strap. However, I was unable to get this concession from Blancpain through my AD when trying to get it replaced. I've subsequently swtiched to a black Barennia strap. A little dressier, while keeping the spirit of the orignal black on gold combination.

E-mail me if you want to get into price specifics. I just know that Blancpains generally do not hold value comparable to a Rolex or Patek brand.

Respond to this message   
Responses

ThePuristS.com Home Page