Return to Index  

The New Leman Moonphase

November 2 2006 at 9:23 AM
Jkingston  (Login jkingston)

Response to New Leman Moonphase

There are a lot of things to like about the new Leman Moonphase.

The first change is one you cannot easily see, because it has to do with what is not there! The calendar correctors have been removed from the side of the watch. Blancpain has incorporated into the Leman moonphase the innovation introduced in Basel 2005 on the Villerent perpetual--this the correctors under the lugs. This really is a huge improvement. Not only is the side of the watch totally clean in appearance, but the correctors under the lugs can be manipulated with one's finger nails. There is no need of one of those pin pusher tools to adjust the calender. This is a patented system found only on Blancpain.

The second big change is the dial. The style is borrowed from the Aqualung--with applied arabic numerals. As far as I know, this is the only dial planned for the watch at the moment. I, for one, like it much more than the previous version.

Size is now 40mm, which really fits the watch well.

I will try and find out if any Leman moonphase watches in 38 mm will still be produced. It is a question in my mind--particularly for example the half hunter moonphase. I will ask Blancpain.

Jeff

Respond to this message   
ThePuristS.com Home Page