<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Blancpain FF v. Rolex Submariner

September 10 2006 at 5:58 AM
Wiiliam P  (no login)

I presently own both of these models. Both purchased about 2 years ago. The bracelet on the BP is amazing, but it has stopped running on 3 different occasions, all requiring repairs that took 3 or more months. So, in 2 years of owning the BP, I have only had it with me 15 months. The sub, on the other hand, has not broken yet.

Also, every time I have taken the FF into the water, it has not been a good "diving watch." It leaked once when I was washing my hands (water soaked into the crystal). Also, one time it fell into the toilet (don't ask!) and it also leaked and required repair.

I just wonder what gives with Blancpain? I guess it is "supposed" to be a good watch, but if they keep breaking how much longer can the company go on (at least in the sports range).

I still am keeping hope alive that the FF will hold up for another few good years.

Any similar experiences?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jay
(Login jasny)
AP Discussion Group

I am not sure that you can expect a Blancpain to hold up as well as

September 10 2006, 6:31 AM 

a Rolex Sub. Unfortunately, Swatch doesn't quite have the service time down like Rolex, but then again, no other company does either. Blancpain is a nice watch, but it isn't going to hold up in the sports catagory like a Rolex.

JMHO,

Jay

Respond to this message   
Jay
(Login jasny)
AP Discussion Group

In an effort not to come off as slamming BP, Rolex doesn't make

September 10 2006, 6:48 AM 

Calendars, Repeaters, Tourbillons, or Split second chronos. Rolex developed the ultimate sports watch back in the day, and has refined and improved it ever since. Their singular goal has insured they basically have the ultimate SPORTS watch, and in my humble opinion, this just isn't BP sole focus nor strength.

JMHO again,

Jay

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
ThePuristS.com Home Page