<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

New Leman Moonphase

October 29 2006 at 8:22 PM
Mick  (Login mickpurist)

Hey everyone,

I like the look of the new Leman Moonphase triple date. I have a few questions about it.

1. Do any of you know whether the older 38mm version will be discontinued?
2. Will the 40mm also be made with a Roman numeral version or only Arabic?
3. Does anyone know how much the price will increase?

Thanks,

Mick

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Chris Launder
(Login Chrisfrombyron)
AP Discussion Group

New leman Triple date Moonphase

October 30 2006, 1:31 AM 

Hi Mick ,

I have one of these on order , I believe production is commencing about now .

The official Blancpain price for the steel model is CHF 11,900 , I forget the price of the rose gold version .

As far as I know the 38mm will be superceded , but the moderator would probably be more knowledgeable than I on this point .

It is a stunning watch ! . The only thing I disliked about the 38mm model was that it lacked the crescent date indicator , as per the Villeret moonphase , but the 40mm has removed my last excuse for not taking the plunge

Regards from Oz ,

Chris .

Respond to this message   
Jkingston
(Login jkingston)

The New Leman Moonphase

November 2 2006, 9:23 AM 

There are a lot of things to like about the new Leman Moonphase.

The first change is one you cannot easily see, because it has to do with what is not there! The calendar correctors have been removed from the side of the watch. Blancpain has incorporated into the Leman moonphase the innovation introduced in Basel 2005 on the Villerent perpetual--this the correctors under the lugs. This really is a huge improvement. Not only is the side of the watch totally clean in appearance, but the correctors under the lugs can be manipulated with one's finger nails. There is no need of one of those pin pusher tools to adjust the calender. This is a patented system found only on Blancpain.

The second big change is the dial. The style is borrowed from the Aqualung--with applied arabic numerals. As far as I know, this is the only dial planned for the watch at the moment. I, for one, like it much more than the previous version.

Size is now 40mm, which really fits the watch well.

I will try and find out if any Leman moonphase watches in 38 mm will still be produced. It is a question in my mind--particularly for example the half hunter moonphase. I will ask Blancpain.

Jeff

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page