<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Torn between 2 BPs, thoughts please?

November 25 2006 at 6:04 AM
JAG  (Login johnag007)
AP Discussion Group

Hello everyone,

Sorry to sound like a newbie, torn between 2 models, the Villeret 5453-3427A, very elegant, slim and easy on my wrist (I have a small wrist), Le Brassus GMT 4276-3442A, which is far chunkier and somewhat less elegant but has more of a "signature", also has the GMT which I would certainly use.

The question is not so much of the looks but the underlying mechanism, of which I know nothing about. I understand most BP are Piguet movements, which is the newer, more advanced, delicate and accurate? Which articles could I read on them?

Would you have pictures of the backs?

Lastly, is there anything other than looks in choosing gold vs platinum (depending on the watch I prefer platinum or rose gold)? What about value of 1 to another in the future, BP retails Le Brassus GMT Platinum at $10.000 more?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

small-luxury-world
(Login small-luxury-world)
AP Discussion Group

34 mm versus 42 mm ...

November 26 2006, 8:04 AM 

not bad

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

versus

... both without display back (as far as I know).

For classical watches I would prefer to have one with a display back. So what do you think about Ref 6057 (38mm), available in PT (LE 201!) or RG:

(My small wrist )

And if you are interested in a GMT, I would have a look for Ref 6260 (PT, RG and WG with brown dial; 38mm), which offers good value for the money.

PT

RG

oliver

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login johnag007)
AP Discussion Group

Re: 34 mm versus 42 mm ...

November 27 2006, 3:38 PM 

Well done, had not seen these, but definitely the pick of the 3. Could you tell me something about the mechanism, and whether you feel paying extra for platinum is worth it. I do prefer platinum, but there is a limit as to how much I prefer it, like everything else in life. I just cannot believe something as tiny as a watch would comment a $10.000 for this metal.

Thanks for the assistance,

JAG

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page