Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Opening Ceremony
    • (Login kennethjacob)
      Posted Jul 28, 2012 2:16 PM

I thought it was technically brilliant, well performed and went off without any apparent hitch. Overall I thought the content was tacky and cheesy. Why should we have to try and blow our own trumpet in this way. It should be about sport and this minor distraction or sideshow was not for me; and I did watch it all. It also went out too late and lasted much too long. I shall be scouring the foreign press to see how it went down elsewhere. I wonder whether the hosts of the next Olympics 9brazil) feel they must try and 'better' this. Perhaps we will be regaled with one massive, long carnival.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options Enable formatted text (Huh?)
    Also send responses to my email address

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Cities & NeighborhoodsCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement