<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Page of Forum  

at last results with inversion

March 13 2005 at 6:47 PM
shahin 

I have been doing inversion for nearly 2 months now. The first month no results. In the last 2 weeks, I have been hanging for 20 minutes a day. Basically with an 80 pound weight in my hands, I twist, turn, and sway on the inversion table and then hang without and weights for 10minutes. I do this twice a day.
I finally measured myself and half an inch taller. I am very excited about this gain but first of all, I don't know if its growth from inversion or if it is permanent. I have also been doing a lot of jump roping, maybe that had an effect? Well, I don't want to get people over excited but its kind of nice to be noticeably taller than that line thats been on my door for the past few months.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous

Re: at last results with inversion

March 13 2005, 9:32 PM 

wow how did you hang for so long? I feel like its killing my ankles. I know sometimes the pain goes off after a while though. And congratulations!

chayo234

congrats

March 13 2005, 10:51 PM 

i know that exact same gratification ^^ its finally nice to have some results! but be weary.. the next progression of results are like 2x or even 3x harder imo.. i would try doing something else to improve your results even more. i.e. stretching/cycling or other stuff

March 13 2005, 10:53 PM 

i wear ugg boots to protect my ankles and also read while im upside down, time flies.

Toni

Two Questions for you:

March 14 2005, 10:10 PM 

Two Questions for you:

1)How old are you?

and

2)is the half- inch gain consistent in both the morning and night-time?

I'm sure you know about the spinal compression or whatever that happens to everyone throughout the day...

Otherwise sounds good man! Congrats!

anonymous

shahin, you mean 80 lb?

March 15 2005, 9:10 AM 

you mean 80 lb dumbbell (40 lb dumbbell each hand)?

something like this? If not, then what kind of weight do you use?

marco

For anyone, 80lbs will rip your stomach apart

March 15 2005, 10:17 AM 

80lbs is as rediculous as it gets. Some say 40lbs feel like dislocating their legs from their upper body by inverting, and you say 80 pounds for 10 min twice a day. I dont know if its a lie, BUT THIS IS SERIOUSLY DANGEROUS.

not for 10min

March 15 2005, 1:02 PM 

I hold the 80 pounds for about a minute as i twist and turn with it. Then I just hang upside down with no weights for 10min while reading. Before I finish, I grab the weights and twisr and then get off.

Re: shahin, you mean 80 lb?

March 15 2005, 1:02 PM 

I used to do the ankle weight routine. I have 4 20 pound ankle weights. I stack them on top of one another and use it.

Re: Two Questions for you:

March 15 2005, 1:03 PM 

im 21 and the gains are consistent 24/7. I notice that I am waay taller after I do it or when I wake up. I measure myself after the gym to make sure and lo, I am half an inch taller.

marco

sorry, I misunderstood

March 15 2005, 4:52 PM 

I thought u hanged 10 min with weight, then 10 minutes without weight, and all this twice a day for a total of 40 min, which was way too unreal. My bad.

anonymous

shahin, some safety tips [Jon is correct]

March 15 2005, 6:01 PM 

Shahin,

It's unclear whether your height increase comes from improved posture or
the thickening of cartilage; however, it's important that you should do
more cardio (cycling or jogging) or more jumping-rope exercises (which
you're doing) to build strong CORE/stomach muscles.

If you don't nurture or build your abdominal muscles, sooner or later your
spine will collapse due to its weak support of the entire backbone. Take
those tribal Padung women (who wear brass rings on their neck) for instance,
experts mention that if these women remove the neck rings, they're at risk of
neck fracture due to fragile muscles (which are NOT mobile throughout the
years and therefore NOT strong enough to support both the neck & head).

Jon is right and when he makes it known that:

"If your spine suddenly changes shape then your entire center of gravity
changes. What does this mean? muscles that are pivotal for balance become
ineffective and new muscles have to take over. You will most likely end up
with terrible posture and be in agony for the rest of ur life with severe
back pain."

(you can read his post above "Inversion - esp with weights")

shahin

Re: shahin, some safety tips [Jon is correct]

March 15 2005, 7:05 PM 

I understand your points and I agree. I do about 1 hour of cardio a day and my abdominal muscles are extremely strong. The 80 pound weight is barely any effort for me to hold and I get no pain or odd sensations whatsoever. I am being very careful to monitor any injury to the muscle or spine. Some of you may be misunderstanding my method. I use the 80 pound weight to quickly decompress my spine. I twist my abs and back and get a nice stretch, put it down and hang as you would on an inversion table for 10minutes. Im simply using the weights as a sort of quick decompression so that for the 10minutes that I am hanging, my spine is already decompressed.

ike

to shahin

March 15 2005, 8:42 PM 

what are ugg boots? And you don't feel any pain if you wear them to invert?

Re: to shahin

March 15 2005, 11:30 PM 

it is a boot company from australia, the inside is furry so it cushions the ankles nicely

Supplements

April 9 2005, 7:43 PM 

Do you use any kind of supplements, which may improve your results?

chandio

any further gains?

April 10 2005, 4:29 AM 

any further gains other than the previous half an inch shahin? where do u buy those 20lb vests

in all honesty, no gains.

April 10 2005, 7:12 AM 

I think the maximum realistic gain would be an inch further. But maybe throughout a year of training. You know, one thing that may suprise you is that I think the growth is actually from the cartilage in the knee rather than the assumed back. My legs are what looks longer. The cartilage above the knee seems thicker as well. I also feel the most sensation in the knees. My knees were hurting a week back while running so I stopped using weights for a while. During spring break I stopped hanging altogether because I have the inversion table in my dorm. Im going to revert to using weights again but dont expect any new dramatic result till summer. Half inch= dramatic. I'm trying to be as honest and realistic with these results, I expected to see more permanent growth in the back region but havent seen much. I will start taking glucosamine to see if that results in anything different. I will keep you posted, thanks

chandio

u're right

April 10 2005, 3:41 PM 

u're right.. after i invert i feel more pain in my knees than my back.. i mean not excruciating pain but my shin bone feels pulled away from my femur.. when u invert on inversion table do u go 90 degrees to the floor? also.. do u mean that u've been running with ankle weights?

ike

April 11 2005, 8:27 AM 

chandio: how much weight are you using?
shahin: did your height increase stay during the break when you stopped inverting? And you mean not a single mm increase in the first 2 mths>?

April 11 2005, 10:11 AM 

I lost about half of it. Its very hard to gain this height but im still above my starting height mark. Im thinking it will be a year to see an inch. No progress whatsoever in the first 2 months. I think weights is important. Also donnt drink any fluids before doing it, they wil rush to your head and make it heavy. The more empty your body is the better.

chayo234

April 11 2005, 10:16 AM 

so all in all you gained like 1/4 of an inch? by just inversions i mean..

April 11 2005, 1:14 PM 

as a modest estimate, yes. This is a very very slow process. Dont expect miracles. I also exersize a lot.

chandio

perhaps u should cut down ur exercise intensity

April 11 2005, 1:48 PM 

perhaps u should cut down ur exercise intensity if they're not directly related to HI.. though exercises are known to increase HI, especially the intense ones... I think u risk grinding down the new cartilage that just forms... articular cartilage divides really slowly i heard..

ike

April 12 2005, 7:33 AM 

Do you invert with calf loops?

Current Topic - at last results with inversion  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Page of Forum  
Find more forums on HealthCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON INTERNET HEIGHT SCAMS - 99% OF THEM DON'T WORK - - YOGA STYLE STRETCHING, KICKING, HANGING & EXERCISES ARE THE ONLY WAY TO INCREASE YOUR HEIGHT IF YOU ARE AN ADULT (OR RISKY, EXPENSIVE SURGERY!) WE'VE RESEARCHED EVERYTHING AND CAN TELL YOU WHAT'S A SCAM AND WHAT IS WORTH CONSIDERING. IF THESE SO CALLED "MIRACLE" PRODUCTS ADVERTISED BY THESE INTERNET COMPANIES WORKED, THEY WOULD BE ON BILLBOARDS, TELEVISION AND THE RADIO AND WOULD BE KNOWN WORLDWIDE!!!!!
Growing Taller Links/Downloads

Zero Kool's Grow Taller forum | Amril's Get Taller Website | Scorpion?s Old Growing Taller Website | Frogger?s Product/Evaluation Forum | Easyheight Support Team | First German Growth Page | Problem Solver's Height Increase Website | Giantscientific's Height Increase Website | Hypnosis for Height Increase Site | Height Forum | Info on HGH to grow taller | Wiki site on Height Increase