Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?......Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Dave Miller Reviews Richland Hills Instrumental Music.

February 13 2008 at 9:30 PM
Ken Sublett 
from IP address 66.82.9.80

Richland Hills. Instrumental music: A Plea to Reconsider by Dave Miller

http://www.piney.com/Miller.Atchley.1.html

While this is a "traditionalists" rebuttal of Rick Atchley's totally false teaching, it abandons the high ground. At the same time it may explain why the usual "proof text" have never worked among those wishing that "school of the Bible" be all "recess."

The error is in AGREEING with Rick Atchley and his NACC friends who make the false claim that:

God commanded and approved worship with musical instruments as an ACT.

Then the task of theology and not speaking where the Bible speaks is to PROVE that God ceased enjoying the burning of flesh and instrumental NOISE never called music.

Because, they say, Jesus did not COMMAND the ACT of instrumental worship, we cannot do so. This embraces the Law of silence which only the instrumentalists have ever used with effect.

This review will prove to any reader that God DID NOT command instrumental music. Rather, it was BECAUSE of musical idolatry that God IMPOSED rather than commanded the Monarchy and the Sacrificial system.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Alvin Jennings

I. Music

August 1 2010, 12:01 PM 

Dave, a brother asked me today at church for information about instrumental music, and specifically asked about A PLEA TO RECONSIDER.

Please send me information. Also, another brother has seen a rebuttal of Rick, but he wants to see the text of Rick's sermons to make an evaluation himself. I think he leans to the left on these issues. Are Rick's sermons on this matter available either in print or on CD?

It may interest you to know I wrote the 25 THESES that were 'nailed to the door' of the Richland Hills church building. Many others who agreed signed it with me. I was glad to see it on your website. They have veered further from the truth since that time.

Your reply will be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Alvin Jennings

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett

Dave Miller and Rick's Data

August 2 2010, 11:46 AM 

Yes, I remember the thesis: I have a copy and will make an updated post. You may want to make retrospective comments.

The owner of the CM forum died and Donnie Cruz has gained access and we will be co-moderators.
I will be able to respond much sooner.

I have read much of your material. I suspect that most accept the prevailing view that God, according to Rick, "commanded instrumental praise" but Jesus changed the Law? Dave Miller also missed the point that it was because of musical idolatry at Mount Sinai that God "turned them over to worship the starry host." (Acts 7 and a dozen other proofs.)

Christ ordained the Church in the Wilderness as the Qahal or synagogue: this quarantined the godly people FROM the Sacrificial system. Christ in the prohets denies that God commanded sacrifices when He brought them out of Egypt. Jesus came to make the prophets more certain and they identify the Civil-Military-Clergy complex as robbers and parasites. If God ABANDONED them to worship the starry host then how can anyone think that God commanded instruments but has "changed the law"? Until that is grasped the battle is lost to the liars.

http://www.rhchurch.org/pages/the-both-and-church/

You have to buy the dvd now !5.00

http://store.rhchurch.org/SearchResults.asp?Search=both+and+church

Dave Miller on a plea hard copy or download pdf

http://www.richlandhillsandinstrumentalmusic.com/

http://www.piney.com/DeaconessElders.html

Rick's original Agenda which most people couldn't grasp:

http://www.piney.com/Rick-Atchley-Old.html

http://www.piney.com/Rick-Atchley-Music.html

Alan Highers also missed the SPLIT in the Road at Mount Sinai. Too bad, since Jacob warned us never to attend the assemblies of Levi and Stephen repudiated the Temple and the sacrificial system in Acts 7.

I won't hold my breath waiting for the "conservatives" to grasp that, as in all national records, the rituals of the Temple State and the Qahal or synagogue which existed from the wilderness onward--always say the Jews.

The Campbells agreeing with all recorded evidence defined

Church as a School of Christ
Worship as Reading and Musing the Word.

Acts 15:21 For Moses of old time hath in every city
them that preach him,
being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

If you would like to give us an update I would appreciate it.

If you would like to begin a new thread under your name just suggest a new topic and name it. make any comments you wish. You can make it a "rebuttal free zone" against me if you wish.

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 67.142.130.44 on Aug 2, 2010 2:01 PM

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett

Unfortunate agreement with false teaching.

August 3 2010, 10:11 AM 

As long as those who call themselves "conservative" but who are wildly liberal preach that God's OLD PATTERNISM approved instrumental music in congregational worship they simply HAVE NOTHING OF VALUE TO SAY. I fact, they give aid and comfort to the musical idolaters. Is this accidential?

DAVE MILLER: The first two reasons assert that under the Old Testament, God did not just allow instrumental music, He commanded and blessed it. Rick offered the following passages for these contentions: 2 Chronicles 5:13-14; 7:6; 1 Chronicle 29:25-26; Psalm 33:1- 3; Psalm 150:1-6.

Dave Miller: Response: Rick is absolutely correct in these assertions. It is true that some among the anti-instrument viewpoint (as Rick styles it) have claimed that God never approved, but only tolerated, the instrument in Old Testament worship. Rick ridiculed this viewpoint with the rhetorical question: [I]s that standing under the word of God or over the word of God? The fact is the majority of those within churches of Christ have long acknowledged the divinely approved use of instruments in Old Testament Jewish worship. But this realization is completely beside the point and side-steps the issue. Why?

Dave Miller: Likewise, the Old Testament firmly asserts that God was pleased with animal sacrifices and other offerings: Then You shall be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering; then they shall offer bullson Your altar (Psalm 51:19, emp. added).

Here is a second part of our review of Dave Miller reviewing Rick Atchley and in truth giving him aid and comfort UNLESS you can find a LAW stopping what all false teachers claim God commanded.

http://www.piney.com/Miller.Atchley.2.html

It appears that there is no institute prepared to teach prospective preachers the story line in the fall from grace BECAUSE of musical idolatry at Mount Sinai.

http://www.piney.com/Synagogue1.html

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: Unfortunate agreement with false teaching.

April 10 2013, 9:21 PM 

Make melody - you can't make anything with your throat. You "make" with your hands. Sing (voice) make (hands).

Biblical ignorance is so sad

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett

Re: Unfortunate agreement with false teaching.

April 12 2013, 6:07 PM 

Psalms 98:4 Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all the earth: make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise.

http://www.piney.com/Psallo.html

The PSALLO word used to justify making melody WITH a HARP all point to making war and making gender-confused love. Since the BEAST is defined by Jeremiah and Revelation as "a new style of music or drama" the MARK of that is the PSALLO word. It has the same meaning as to smite, to abrade the same as SOP as the mark for Satan to enter Judas.

Of "vocal bands"

Isaiah 17:12 Woe to the multitude of many people, which make a noise like the noise of the seas; and to the rushing of nations, that make a rushing like the rushing of mighty waters!

Isaiah 17:13 The nations shall rush like the rushing of many waters: but God shall rebuke them, and they shall flee far off, and shall be chased as the chaff of the mountains before the wind, and like a rolling thing before the whirlwind.

Zechariah 9:15 The LORD of hosts shall defend them; and they shall devour, and subdue with sling stones; and they shall drink, and make a noise as through wine; and they shall be filled like bowls, and as the corners of the altar.

Eucl. (excitedly) It means something-- that raven cawing on my left just now! And all the time a-clawing the ground, croaking away, croaking away! The minute I heard him my heart began to dance a jig and jumped up into a throat. But I must run, run! (Exit into temple)

The man who was dying blessed me; I made the widow's heart sing. Jb.29:13

So my heart laments for Moab like a flute;
it laments like a flute for the men of Kir Hareseth. The wealth they acquired is gone. Je.48:36

And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.Lu.1:47

Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope: Ac.2:26

In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight. Lu.10:21

Plautus, Curculio CAPPADOX My spleen is killing me, my reins are in torment, my lungs are being torn asunder, my liver is being tortured, my heart-strings are giving way, all my intestines are in pain.

Hecuba Alas! a dreadful trial is near, it seems, [230] full of mourning, rich in tears. Yes, I too escaped death where death had been my due, and Zeus did not destroy me but is still preserving my life, that I may witness in my misery fresh sorrows surpassing all before. But if the bond may ask the free of things that do not GRIEVE them or WRENCH their heart-strings, you ought to speak in answer to my questions and I ought to hear what you have to say.

SPEAK (opposite of poetry or music) to Teach and Admonish
Sing AND make melody IN the Heart

both sing and psallo speak of mental arousal called enchantment or WITCHCRAFT. Therefore, keep both SILENT. SPEAK means SPEAK and can never mean SING.

When you hear these SOUNDS--LIKE in Revelation 14 another angel speaks to the LIVING warning them that these are JUDGMENTAL sounds and commands that they PREACH THE GOSPEL. Time is short: I hope. All of the marks in SIGHT and SOUND have been carried out with LITTLE effect on literate members of the Church of Christ.

Respond to this message   
Arlo

Play instruments in church

May 12 2013, 6:01 AM 

1. If you sang like in biblical times there would be no harmony - no nice 1 to 5 chord resolutions-
Wake up - psalm means to play an instrument - sing means produce melodic and harmonic sounds-
God does not like those who take his words and use them to judge - who are you to-----

If you think singing songs of today without instruments- is better than with instruments- you did not read the Bible- you most likely could not tell what a B major augmented 11th chord is - so basically your telling the carpenter building a house how to pound a nail- when you won't even climb the ladder
Wake up and praise God and rejoice your alive and stop making instruments of The Lord the bad guys - when it's your own ignorance
Thanks be to God

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett

Re: Play instruments in church

May 13 2013, 9:09 AM 

Arlo, all of the preachers studying theology missed Bible 101aaa. The only Christians are Disciples of Christ. MISSED: a Disciple is a STUDENT and students go to BIBLE CLASS and not to PRAISE SERVICES legalistically thinking that they can exercise some control over the "gods." Of course, we know that music is mind control to keep the unlawful collection plates runneth over.

Disciples of Christ have a direct command which began with The Church of Christ in the Wilderness.

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Matthew 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

THE PATTERN CHRIST ORDAINED AND NEVER CHANGED WAS:

Acts 15:21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that PREACH him, being READ in the synagogues every sabbath [REST] day.

Paul commanded Timothy how to conduct Ekklesia or Synagogue which was NOT a worship service in the pagan sense: Worship means to "give attendance to CHRIST by teaching what He commanded to be taught."

1Timothy 4:13 Till I come, give attendance to [PUBLIC]reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.
1Timothy 4:14 Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy [teaching], with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery.
1Timothy 4:15 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.
1Timothy 4:16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

The command is to SPEAK Psalms, hymns, spiritual songs or "use one mind and one mouth" to speak "that which is written for our learning" which Paul defined as Scripture." Romans 15. The SELF-pleasure in Greek and latin OUTLAW all of the "pleasure" arts and crafts: rhetoric, singing, playing, acting, dancing." You cannot SING psalms, hymns and spiritual songs (all inspired) without MISREADING the active words to SPEAK.

The SPEAK words connected to the LOGOS (The Incarnate WORDS of God) is always EXCLUSIVE of rhetoric, self-referenced preacher tales, singing, playing, acting or dancing. So, you see, the WORDS in the text FORBID anything which interferes with SPEAKING the Words which Jesus died to deliver for edification which means EDUCATION.

Praise singing is archaic and legalistic: it intends to keep the "gods" (Jehovah won't be there) from failing AGAIN. The world's OLDEST profession was a praise singer or "prophesier." By definition only radically abnormal people sold their bodies as AUTHENTIC SPEAKERS for the gods: Jesus Christ speaks for the ONE JEHOVAH. The SELF-pleasure Paul outlawed in Romans 15 which includes the performers "creating mental excitement" which intends to carry you away (heresy) to their OWN teaching. If you will recollect the sermon you heard Sunday you will probably remember that it was about the preacher who intended to "silence the voice of the victim." If it is posted (and he fleeced you) for what Jesus died to give you free, give me a link.

knthsublett@gmail.com

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett

Re: Dave Miller Reviews Richland Hills Instrumental Music.

May 13 2013, 3:30 PM 

In the Book of Enoch referenced by Jude those for whom God will come in horrible judgement are specificially those who CAN BE seduced by mixed-sex choirs, musical instruments, drama, 'wearing of apparel' as seductive clergy garb (worn by the Levites). The holy Sethites who ignored the teaching fell into this musical idolatry, changed their minds but could never get back up. Knowing they were doomed they sought comfort by seducing as many other people as possible. From Hitler and beyond the MARK of success is how many people you can entice to accompany them in BOWING while the PIPERS pipe: Jesus called them "children" which was a dirty word.

The prophecy in Revelation is that again Satan will be loosed and knowing that he has a short time will work really hard to seduce as many as possible before Lake of Fire time. IF POSSIBLE the ELECT (those added by Christ to His church) will be deceived: those who ARE deceived are simply not recognized by Jesus.

MOST of the mildy-musical religions are said to have fallen into a "rock and roll" style which is that Black influence of the "F" word. Among recognized groups a few Churches of Christ have not already fallen into INSTRUMENTAL "worship" or its VIRTUAL-INSTRUMENTAL with a cappella which in its origin are the castrated praise singers working for the MOTHER church.

2 Thessalonians those who are warned not to be moved are tempted by:

1. Purpose Driven or deliberate deceivers.
2. Something unknown: a piece of ignorance. Epithet for those who are predestinated who HAD deceived the whole world.
3. Members is defined as "A Member of the Church of Christ."
4. The METHOD of deception is musical melody.

I didn't make this up! That is why they are in the Davidic MAKING WAR mode and will not or cannot hear what you say. That's fine: seems the WORLD and the WISE (Sophists speakers, singers, instrument players) are marked as NOT supposing to hear (Matthew 23). Since the BEAST is clearly defined as "A new style of singing or drama" the MARK will be anyone who can be seduced. It's all in the book.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett

May 24 2013, 6:12 PM 

The "progressives" claim that a "spirit" told them to impose Instrumental Praise: lifeless instruments cannot praise and the praise word is the source for the LUCIFER principle and it means that someone has forced you into the HALAL praise or making self vile to steal other people's inheritance.

[linked image]
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett

June 11 2013, 9:28 AM 

A Church of Christ is built upon or (educated) the Prophets and Apostles: the prophets radically condemn the use of musical instruments known to be able to manipulate the minds of people by others who have CONTROL as their only object.

Peter said that if you 'further expound' that you are a false teacher. Paul said you CORRUPT the Word by "selling learning at wholesale" which word also means "adultery."

How to NEUTER the other "leaders" to be Authoratative Teacher (Master)

http://www.piney.com/Heredotus1.html

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett

June 12 2013, 2:01 PM 

So Far, Russ Adcox's PLANTS at Hohenwald have not lasted very long. Russ now claims that he is the Authoritative Teacher while Jesus said that He as Christ is the only MASTER or Authoritative Teacher. He is one of the PLANNED DIVERTERS:

http://www.piney.com/Maury.Hills.Church.of.Christ.Columbia.html

Rick Gibson speaking for Pepperdine University after bringing in Mike Cope to help him INFILTRATE AND DIVERT while lying TO God and ABOUT God about all recorded Scriptures.

As we prepare the future of Bible Lectures and Church Relations at Pepperdine, Mike Cope and I are committed to doing all we can to build a network around and supportive programs for these young preachers. Though they have freed themselves from sectarian constrains, many have chosen to stay with their churches. At least for now. In the coming years, churches of Christ will need to respond, demonstrably, to the Restoration cry coming from this young generation and in so doing may restore their full role of influence in the unfolding Christian story.

If you lie about the Mark of Instrumental Music (God calls it noise), you should know that God HATES music in the temple and people who plan to sow discord.

Furthermore, Paul warned about the Mad Women in Corinth (and a church near you) who are the only ones who will help you fall into WRATH (orgy) or Mania.

Jesus said that God DOES NOT KNOW THE NAMES of Lord, Lord Prophesiers who claim that their musical mania has authority:

[linked image]

The ACU wrecking crew and the Purpose Driven Cult are correct: God NEVER said, "thou shalt not be a hypocrite, musical prophesier or sorcerer witch."

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett

June 14 2013, 5:21 PM 

I have noted that Jesus SPOKE only what God breathed (spirit) into Him: as the personified WORD, Jesus articulated those words. Logos is the opposite of poetry or music. Jesus said that he SPOKE what was delivered WITHOUT METER. We know that God delivered what He wanted us to know and the secret things belong to Him. Therefore, because there is NO METER in the Bible and Metron is quite often used of METER or musical melody (Psallo is never used of musical melody but is parallel to Grace and is IN the heart.)

They hymns or hallels which were RECITED at the yearly Passover and hymns are identified as prayers. We noted that the Latin says that they SPOKE or dictated a Hymn and we know that they could NOT sing those writings in a tuneful sense to authorize MUSICAL WORSHIP in any sense unless you wish to WRITE the whole Bible based on OUR culture which is what all of the changelings do. Chanting or speaking or cantillation if you do it audibly is rhymic prose to PREVENT any of the uhs and ooos or I think even in the inflection of your voice.

We are still not remotely ready to accept that in the words of Christ in the wilderness, all of the Bible and the effort of the Campbells that church is A SCHOOL OF CHRIST or defined in most of the epistles as A School of the Word: we are washed with water INTO the word meaning INTO the School of Christ as CENI ed by Jesus in the Great Commission. I will not hold my breath waiting for a "conservative" to get any closer to that dangerous concept than the ANTI-Christs or ANTI-Biblical. I believe that if a sizable percentage of "professionals" grasped that or cared we would have Judas people hanging on every lamp post. It will never happen: many (most) are invited but few (almost none) are chosen. I feel good NOT being close to the MANY when the "towers fall."

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett

June 16 2013, 5:27 PM 

THE reason people argue about MUSICAL PREFERENCES is that THEY know that YOU can be diverted from the Word of Christ which has NO musical content: It was intended for adult, straight, disciples. Disciples of Christ go to A School of Christ: that is why the church is built upon or EDUCATED by the Prophets and Apostles, the Spirit OF Christ being the BEGINNING (prophecy) and Jesus of Nazareth being the END of all things.

Disciples do NOT go to "worship services" in the UNIVERSAL Protestant sense but worship is GIVING HEED TO THE WORD of Christ which supplies the COMFORT and DOCTRINE. We readers of writing understand the CENI to PREACH the Word by READING the Word so that everyone can LEARN and mutually CONFESS Christ. Where you attended CIRCE this morning they confessed the SERMONIZER (violates direct commands) and the VERSIFIER whose father-mother is LUCIFER Christ called the singing and harp-playing prostitute from Genesis to Revelation and in a CIRCE near you.

Muslims will hate you and Jews will have authority to fleece you when you teach that there are THREE GODS and when you dishonor your Scriptures by using the delusion of MUSIC.

http://www.piney.com//MuIslam.html

If the head of the family is fond of tambourine,
It is no wonder why the whole family dances!

In ancient times when poets never made such confessions (out of their pride), the nature of their poetry was exposed by the Holy Quran:

Consistent with the Greek and all recorded history that "people set their lies to melodies to cheat the follish." Still works!

As for poets, the erring follow them. Hast thou not seen how they stray in every valley, And how they say that which they do not?

However, poetry is far more important than music as poetry sharpens the mind and can be informative.

Before we finish the topic of music, let us add that, if the effect of music on feelings must indeed be an important need for the soul, the recitation of the Quran serves that need in a much more dignified way.

This is also shown by the fact that harmonious recitation of the Quran is recommended in Islam.
However, it should also be noted that a musical tune accompanying the recitation is not proper.
In other words, a harmonious recitation is recommended in some hadiths of the prophet (pbuh), yet the scholars are against the musical recitation of the Quran.

The reason of these two seemingly conflicting opinions can be understood by making a distinction between the two concepts of music:

If music is to be applied with its rules and techniques to the recitation it would violate the rules of tajweed So, this kind of music with notes and rules, like composed pieces, is not allowed in the recitation.

However, if a person recites the Quran, associated with the beauty of his natural tunes, this is commendable.

This way is very reasonable considering the fact that an abuse of the Quran with music must be avoided. That is why a piece of music is listened to for appreciation of its musical value, without necessarily understanding its words, for the most part.

Ancient Greek was a pitched language, so melody had to be an outgrowth of the natural inflections of the spoken language. Greek vowels had long and short values that corresponded to long and short notes in the musical settings. Thus musical rhythms were derived from metric forms, and melodic movement was governed by the natural rise and fall of the text.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett

June 16 2013, 5:54 PM 

Spiritual Formation is a new HERESY which denies that Christ is formed in our Spirit ONLY by feeding on the Word which IS Spirit and Life (John 6:63)

It is called WITCHCRAFT or SORCERY which produces DRUG injected with music (Revelation 18). It is very end-timish. AND they corrupt the word by SELLING ERROR AT WHOLESALE.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett

Real males don't musicate in the School of Christ our ONLY Teacher

June 17 2013, 9:07 AM 

Humnosantes was probably Erasmus choice for the Latin, Dico: In the Latin and in all of the HYMNING which Biblical prayers, Jesus and the apostles SPOKE or RECITED a Biblical Hallel and then WENT OUT. If singing is a pattern this allows you to sing ONCE A YEAR and then dismiss the crowd without violating the rules and PASSING THE PLATE to feed those who will not work.

you ALWAYS speak among a mature, masculine audience. The Logos words are the opposite of poetry or music. Therefore, singing is speaking or cantillating. If the Greek Textus Receptus is INSPIRED holy ghost language then He (Jesus the Christ) would not have used "humnosantes" which would include what Paul EXCLUDED before 'using one mind and one mouth to teach that which is written for our learning.' We adults do not MAKE MUSIC when Jesus the only Authoritative Teacher comes to be our only teacher when the elders "teach that which has been taught.

[linked image]

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 70.193.18.160 on Jun 17, 2013 10:01 AM

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett

June 19 2013, 6:40 PM 

All of the recorded information I can find says to SPEAK psalms, hymns and spiritual songs: that is defined as "that which is written for our learning." Many of the psalms are records of what people did when they FAILED

All forms of music have "entertainment-only value like drinking wine and deep sleep."

I know of no history that describes even the most backward people as pretending to TEACH the laws and values of a society by making up their own songs and singing them. Remember the promise of STRONG DELUSIONS: it really happens.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett

June 20 2013, 6:14 PM 

Jesus said that He will not pray for the WORLD the false teachers lust to attract. And He said that God HIDES form the wise or SOPHISTS. This still means self-speakers, singers and instrument players.

They had their origin in the garden of Eden with Lucifer, the singing and harp playing prostitute. It ends with the same Babylonian Mother of Harlots in Revelation where the performers are called SORCERERS and will be cast alive into the lake of fire.

In the Book of Enoch an early version showed that when the Sethites fell for the Cainites show time worship, they had fallen and could never return to the place of the Living Word. Because they have become DESTINED the history shows that they CANNOT or will not listen but try to seduce as many people as possible to try to INVALIDATE their doom. So, for the most part, we have to speak to ourselves: the Abaddon or Apollyon KNOW whom they have believed and the do not WANT to be Disciples of the Word which silences both male and female so that we "can come to a knowledge of the truth" when we teach that which HAS BEEN taught.

They deny that God has the right to Command, example and even infer for those OF TRUTH but they JUMP at the chance to follow the PATTERN of the Sons of Perdition.

[linked image]
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett

June 21 2013, 12:25 PM 

Question: why do you oppose congregational singing of popular songs? First, the direct command from the wilderness onward was to SPEAK that which is written for our learning. Paul's ANTITHESIS was BUT do the "singing and melody IN THE HEART" which is the only place God looks for out worship.

I have no interest in what people do during RELIGIOUS OBSERVATIONS since Jesus said that the Kingdom does not COME to these services. If they did then why tamper with the "church house" and rituals of the Jews?

http://www.piney.com/Luke.17.Kingdom.Not.Observation.html

And it may not matter unless you make a pest of yourself and make an unlawful living out of claiming that you are A New Testament Church of Christ: From the wilderness onward Christ EXCLUDED vocal or instrumental rejoicing or rhetoric for the thoughtless who cared not that the purpose was to REST, READ AND REHEARSE THE WORD.

Complex harmony is a Legalistic end-run around the NO MACHINES ALLOWED.

Hymnody developed systematically, however, only after the emperor Constantine legalized Christianity (AD 313); and it flourished earliest in Syria, where the practice was possibly taken over from the singing by Gnostics and Manichaeans of hymns imitating the psalms. The Byzantine Church adopted the practice; in its liturgy, hymns maintain a much more prominent place than in the Latin liturgy; and Byzantine hymnody developed complex types such as the kanon and kontakion. Saint Ephraem--a 4th-century Mesopotamian deacon, poet, and hymnist--has been called the "father of Christian hymnody." Britannica Online

In the West, St. Hilary of Poitiers composed a book of hymn texts in about 360. Not much later St. Ambrose of Milan instituted the congregational singing of psalms and hymns,

When someone INSTITUTES something then we can say that it did NOT EXIST before it BEGAN to Exist.

partly as a counter to the hymns of the Arians, who were in doctrinal conflict with orthodox Christianity.

This Worship War developed into open violence just as lying, cheating and stealing the church house of widow so you can IMPOSE could not be more violent in a spiritual sense. They WILL hurt you.

In poetic form (iambic octosyllables in four-line stanzas), these early hymns--apparently sung to simple, possibly folk melodies [a series of single notesw]--derive from Christian Latin poetry of the period. By the late Middle Ages trained choirs had supplanted the congregation in the singing of hymns. Although new, often more ornate melodies were composed and many earlier melodies were elaborated, one syllable of text per note was usual. Some polyphonic hymn settings were used, usually in alternation with plainchants, and were particularly important in organ music.

Congregational singing in the liturgy was re-established only during the Reformation, by the Lutheran Church in Germany.

The early chorale (q.v.), or German hymn melody,
was unharmonized and sung unaccompanied,
although harmonized versions,
used by varying combinations of choir, organ, and congregation,
appeared later.

Swiss, and later, French, English, and Scottish Calvinism promoted the singing of metrical translations of the psalter austerely set for unaccompanied unison singing.

If they couldn't even sing the Psalms in UNISON before they were REwritten (radically) then we can be pretty certain that no one SANG the Psalms until they were rewritten to make singing POSSIBLE.

English and Scottish Protestantism admitted only the singing of psalms. English metrical psalms were set to tunes adapted from the French and Genevan psalters. These were fairly complex melodies written on French metres. The English psalter used only a few metres, and the custom of singing each psalm to its proper tune was soon replaced by the use of a few common tunes. The common metre 8, 6, 8, 6 (the numbers give the number of syllables in each line), a form of English ballad metre, remains the archetypal English hymn metre.

If you CANNOT sing any of the commanded Biblical text we are safe in saying that they never sang in a tuneful sense. We can be just as dogmatic as saying that they did not use big-screens to project Fanny Crosby hymns with a wavey-arm PRECENTOR conducting the vocal CHOIR. History says that the "Precentor was the first heresy largely pervading the church."

We mature males simply do not need to SING when Jesus comes to be our only MASTER TEACHER when the elders (only) teach that which HAS been taught.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett

June 22 2013, 7:47 AM 

A Pathologist confesses that singing came centuries too late to be Christ-ordained wants a LAW which says "thou shalt NOT sing hymns."

I would think that even a Pathologist who survived his own Autopsy would understand that words have meaning. In case you missed it Paul said

1. UNDERSTAND the Will of the Word (the Spirit John 6:63 Ephesians 5; that which is written for our LEARNING Romans 15; the WORD OF CHRIST Colossians 3)

2. then SPEAK to one another using Psalms, Hymns, Spiritual songs (the inspired TEXT: the poetic history of the FAILED Jews, Teaching Psalms). Even an ACU Phduh should grasp that SPEAK is something you usually (not always) do EXTERNALLY to TEACH and COMFORT one another.

3. then singING with makING [melody=Grace=the EFFECT ON THE HEART.] No! a Phduh from ACU does NOT understand PREPOSITIONS which means that IN the heart means IN the heart-mind-spirit. Phil 3:2 Paul DEMANDED that this be IN THE SPIRIT which is NOT IN THE FLESH as the only way to EXCLUDE the concisions and DOGS: Christ in the prophets and recorded history MARKS the aroused-elevated-performance howling (to my senses) as summer FRUITS RIPE for plucking (Amos 8-Rev 18)

4. The AUDIENCE is GOD Who looks for worship IN THE SPIRIT or MIND meaning you cannot SEDUCE Him by SELLING your body (rhetoric, singing, playing, acting). The SEVEN SPIRITS which would rest UPON Messiah as the BRANCH (Menorah) is INCLUSIVE and Christ has Isaiah 11 write that---

God does not judge by what He HEARS or SEES: what YOU see and hear is SELF worship: those who SPEAK ON their own are sons of the DEVIL says Jesus: Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites meaning speakers, singers and instrument players as the MARK of people attending for entertainment only with NO intention of obeying.

Christ's PURPOSE DRIVEN PURPOSE is edification which means EDUCATION with that which is writen.

No collected resource on any musical performance (elevated, screeching of a mouse-frightened lady) or the NAMES of musical instruments fails to identify it with SOOTHSAYING (includes sorcery MIRIAM and the LEVITES) as the only PATTERN for singing or SORCERY including ALL religious teknokrats (speakers, singers, instrument players, actors, prostitutes in all religions).

I finally grasped what Jubal, Jabal, Tubal-Cain and Naamah, clay tablets and even the most UNLEARNED ancients knew and LEFT FOR OUR LEARNING at exactly the age 67: for at least half of the people (that we EXCLUDE) the most beautiful singing groups INDUCE mind-altering DRUGS (pharmakia=sorcery clay tablets to Revelation 18) which can drive people past the THRILL and TOO FAR into a panic attack where the THUSING is understood to be a hostile attack whose only recorded author is the DEVIL. That attack and its persona drives out and excludes about HALF of the owners. You have 168 hours a week to sing, clap, play instruments and dance: Jesus simply asks "could you not watch with me for one hour?" No: to "starve the ploughing oxen and feed the lazy asses" [Calvin] we need to HIRE a mass of misfits to keep us BUSY and LOUD even for that hour.

The confessed Goal of Promise Keepers, Purpose Driven Cult and ALL of the gay troubadours who suddenly and violently turned on the Church of Christ is to drive you into DISSOCIATION so they can REBUILD you in their own image (Machiavelli and Hitler tells you how). Disciples of Christ do not need a LEGALISM which saith "thou shalt NOT be a hypocrite" or "thou shalt NOT be a sorcerer": In fact, God leaves you lots of LOOPHOLES.

Words are both INCLUSIVE and EXCLUSIVE:

[linked image]

When the President says to move the LAUNCH button DOWN and you are so simple-minded that you don't know that DOWN excludes UP then get ready for another autopsy.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened At the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter