<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Monkey Message Board  

Monkey Boxset ONE, sound problem...

April 26 2004 at 8:59 PM
Paddy  (no login)

Hi, just bought the First Monkey! Boxset today and the sound seems to have a problem, there's a constant buzz ALWAYS on when I'm watching the first disc (haven't tried the second-fourth yet) and when I pause the sound stops, so it must be the DVD. I get used to it after a while when there's lots of sound, but when it's just conversations with no background noises, it does get on my nerves...

Anyone else got this problem?

Paddy

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(Login saiyuuki)
Owner

Get your UK Monkey DVD boxset 1 replaced if the sound is faulty

May 26 2004, 1:41 PM 

Fabulous Films are aware of this problem, and have actually solved it by remastering the 1st DVD box set.
If you're having problems with yours, you can return it them and they will replace it.

Contact them via the email link on the front of their web site http://www.fabulousfilms.co.uk/

This message has been edited by saiyuuki on May 26, 2004 1:41 PM

Respond to this message   
DjMrmagic
(no login)

Faulty Sound

June 21 2004, 9:14 AM 

Hi,
I too experienced this. I emailed fabulous films, it took a while but they replied and have changed the box set. The new one is perfect.

Thanks to Richard

Respond to this message   
Esther
(Login lesrais)

Problem!

July 31 2004, 3:01 AM 

Hey Everyone,

I just got Monkey DVD boxset 1 off Ebay and it has that annoying sound problem - very frustrating and even more so because I have bought it from someone else and currently trying to return it and get a refund.

Have Fabulous Films corrected this problem with other boxsets, because I would like to buy it off Amazon and don't want this problem again...

Thanx for your help,

Esther

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Monkey boxset 1 - annoying sound problem - Fabulous Films will replace it

July 31 2004, 11:09 AM 

Drop an email to Richard @ Fabulous - info@fabulousfilm.co.uk and he'll replace the defective DVD boxset 1 with one that has the problem fixed.

Respond to this message   
Skywalka
(Login skywalka)

Re: Monkey Boxset ONE, sound problem...

September 28 2004, 4:37 AM 

Is there a way 2 tell the difference between the faulty & correct versions before purchase?

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login saiyuuki)
Owner

Difference between the 1st (defective) UK DVD boxset and 2nd (fixed) version

October 4 2004, 6:19 PM 

Response from Fabulous Films re: telling the difference between the 1st (defective) version of UK DVD boxset and 2nd (fixed) version:
"Only if you open the box. If the onbody print is a bit unreadable where the pg /12 symbol is. If it is clear and you can see chrome through the lettering on the onbody then it is fine. if you can see a grey print then they are the faulty ones. There is no way of telling the difference without opening the box - the packaging is identical on both."

Respond to this message   
Skywalka
(Login skywalka)

Re: Difference between the 1st (defective) UK DVD boxset and 2nd (fixed) version

October 5 2004, 3:31 AM 

Thanx.

Respond to this message   
Warren Hillsdon
(Login wazh)

Confusion Reigns

October 25 2004, 2:32 AM 

The input to this has been great. However (and yes I am going to listen to it later today) I am still confused by the description given of how to determine which is the correct copy.

I have scanned in the disc if someone wants to take a look at it and see if they think its the defective copy. I have put it up at http://www.scifioz.com/shared/Monkey.JPG.

Please let me know what you think. Certainly hopefully its not a bad copy as its going to be interesting getting it back from Australia.

Warren

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login skywalka)

Re: Confusion Reigns

November 2 2004, 9:27 AM 

Did U test your DVD yet Warren?

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login saiyuuki)
Owner

Warren's scanned disc is the defective copy

November 6 2004, 10:25 AM 

Warren,

My contact at Fabulous has looked at the scan you've included, and it IS the defective one.
If you contact Fabulous Films via http://www.fabulousfilms.co.uk/ they will replace it with you.

So you'd need to post the defective boxset to the UK, and Fabulous Films will then send you a replacement boxset, without charging you for any shipping costs.

Respond to this message   
Warren Hillsdon
(Login wazh)

Thankyou so much

November 6 2004, 1:20 PM 

Guys,

Thanks for the input. I really appreciate this. I was going to listen to it tomorrow as I havnt had the time yet to follow it up. But I always worry that what I consider to be bad might be something completely different.

Will get onto that straight away..!

Thanks again

Warren

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Monkey Message Board  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement