Central Ontario Junior "C" Hockey League

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Bruins

February 24 2012 at 1:53 AM
No score for this post
microwave  (Login microwave)

Thx, Uxbridge for the 17 year time frame, time to move on.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(Login ForTheBoys22)

Re: Bruins

No score for this post
February 24 2012, 6:34 AM 

Care to share?

C Fan
(Login 1793)

No score for this post
February 24 2012, 8:57 AM 

I heard a rumour from a pretty good local source that HAC/GM Muir has resigned from his role and won't be back nxt year... Perhaps this is the reason for microwaves post....

microwave, please share... the public wants to know! happy.gif

Fan

Anonymous
(Login conkeydonkey)

No score for this post
February 24 2012, 2:48 PM 

Had a rough season now your throwing in the towel Microwave???

microwave
(Login microwave)

Rough season

No score for this post
February 24 2012, 3:29 PM 

if you only knew, I was expecting to be back along with Mr Muir, can't control what you can't control.
please note I have only been allowed to post scores as per policy of the Bruins. I won't however say anymore about what Happened other than I was ready to work with the Bruins immediately along with Matty on next year, this year was a huge disappointment indeed which makes everyone involved hungrier for next year. c ya around the rinks as a fan of the game.

Anonymous
(Login ppfan99)

Re: Rough season

No score for this post
February 24 2012, 6:18 PM 

so did muir fire u?
ux fire both of u?
can someone shed some light into what happened here?

Anonymous
(Login flw2)

No score for this post
February 24 2012, 6:55 PM 

I heard Matt resigned. Either was, good luck to them.

C Fan
(Login 1793)

No score for this post
February 24 2012, 8:31 PM 

What I have heard is Muir stepped down, as he was not happy with some expectations that were laid out for next year, and wasn't happy with the organization. This is what I got from a friend in town, who is a family member of one of the executive members. Also heard he was asked to take a pay cut cos of the teams poor results this year.....

Also heard from another "source" close to the team, that Muir resigned as he has another offer at a higher level on the table but refused to tell the board with who, cos they are still in the playoffs currently.... Can he actually get a promotion to Junior A after a dismal season like the one that just finished. I don't see that hapenning...

Who the hell knows, but if someone can shed some serious light on this, please do.

Microwave, why not tell all you know??? If you were fired (hope not), or if you resigned, then you have no affiliation anymore.... Let the people know..... lol Your public is waiting!!!

Fan

Anonymous
(Login ForTheBoys22)

No score for this post
February 24 2012, 10:45 PM 

For once I agree with Cfan shed some light here...

Anonymous
(Login ezzig)

No score for this post
February 26 2012, 11:53 AM 

Bring back Dan West,why was he ever replaced

Anonymous
(Login shopkeeper77)

No score for this post
February 26 2012, 1:31 PM 

West wanted too much money.
A replacement may already be in the fold for Uxbridge, then we can all turn our attention to the Jacks where if I am correct Bricknell hasn't said he'll for sure be back next year.

C Fan
(Login 1793)

No score for this post
February 26 2012, 3:37 PM 

You are correct about West. He wanted a TON of money, and this is Junior C. Then he went to North Bay and the exact same thing happened. He hasn't coached since as far I as I know. I think he needs to really understand that there is no money in Junior Hockey... Not as a coach anyhow.

Also heard the same thing that there is a replacement coming in Uxbridge... and a good one from what I heard... None other than Mr. Brett Meyers!

Regarding Bricknell, I was told by a Port person that he has been offered the extended role of Head Coach and Assistant GM by Parliament. Someone else told me that his players have been going around saying he accepted a role (not specified) in the OHL????

Let's keep the guessing going... lol

And microwave, we are still awaiting your input here.....

Fan

Anonymous
(Login ppfan99)

No score for this post
February 27 2012, 6:23 PM 

does meyers have a good resume? serious question here , all i know of him is his very unsuccessful years with the muskies and was not well liked from what i hear but those are just rumours. please fill me in. also dan west is listed as a asst coach for lindsay muskies

C Fan
(Login 1793)

No score for this post
February 28 2012, 11:54 AM 

Heard from a real GOOD source.....

Bricknell out in Port Perry!!! Heard he has a scouting job with the OHL's Ottawa 67's?

Parliament trying like hell to recruit Bill Brady to come in as coach. My guess is that Brady won't come in for what Parliament pays... close to nothing! lol

Guess we shall see in coming days.... Anyone else know?

Fan

Anonymous
(Login ForTheBoys22)

No score for this post
February 28 2012, 10:38 PM 

When did it become all about the money? I can understand if a coach wants his gas paid so he can come out even but I just don't understand the money. Even if you did get paid to coach a Jr hockey team you would still require a day job. 9 teams out of 10 won't pay for a full time coach. IMO. Congrats to Bricknell if he has moved to the next level. That's what this is all about.

Anonymous
(Login truth_man)

No score for this post
March 4 2012, 10:13 AM 

Is that Bill brady of the Pickering Panthers?

C Fan
(Login 1793)

No score for this post
March 5 2012, 10:33 AM 

Yes it is, same Bill Brady....

I say, look for Brady in Port and Meyers in Ux.

Fan

Anonymous
(Login truth_man)

No score for this post
March 7 2012, 10:10 AM 

Is PP looking for an owner?

C Fan
(Login 1793)

No score for this post
March 7 2012, 10:21 AM 

Not sure if PP is, but I can tell you that word around town here is that UX sure is. in fact discussion were had at the executive level from what I am told....

It would make sense for both PP and UX to venture down that road if you ask me... Both must be losing money hand over fist, and who is responsible for any debt??? The townships???

Hope not, cos I won't be paying any money out of my taxes if so, or atleast we in town won't go down without a fight if that is proposed!

Fan

Anonymous
(Login ppfan99)

No score for this post
March 19 2012, 10:00 PM 

any updates c- fan ??? myers announced as coach yet?
any news on where muir is going?
microwave ready to dish some dirt yet?

(Login 1793)

No score for this post
March 20 2012, 8:35 AM 

Last I have heard, Meyers not going to do it... Apparantly turned it down...

Haven't heard a peep about Muir, however, he doesn't live in town here, so once they leave, we don't usually hear too much about them. He will likely land somewhere.

I did hear an interesting little tidbit though, apparantly the Bruins have approached Archibald to return as GM....???

Microwave, any truth to this? According to your post a few weeks back you have resigned from the team, but do you have any contacts that still share info with you???

That's all I got so far....

Fan

Anonymous
(Login shopkeeper77)

big news coming?

No score for this post
March 26 2012, 1:19 PM 

Gary Roberts' name has been kicked around as a possible coach. What a coup if it's true.

Anonymous
(Login clar1963)

Re: big news coming?

No score for this post
March 26 2012, 8:14 PM 

If it dose turn out to be true, Ill tell you onething, his team will be in shape.

C Fan
(Login 1793)

No score for this post
April 2 2012, 10:37 AM 

It's official, but likely not yet announced.... the new GM of the Bruins, although he really shouldn't be considered "new", will be Ron Archibald.

Any thoughts on this being a good or bad thing for the Bruins? People here in town will support it I would think based on his previous success and the fact that he is local...

Fan

Anonymous
(Login ppfan99)

No score for this post
April 9 2012, 11:01 PM 

Fan anyword on a coach yet over there?
word over here is that bricknell is back.
what about LB, Lakefield or Georgina?
are all the same coaching staffs returning?

C Fan
(Login 1793)

No score for this post
April 10 2012, 8:14 AM 

Only thing I am hearing is that there is a lot of interest from some very qualified coaches to take over UX. I would assume Archibald will do his due dilligence and pick the right person.

I am surprised as well as not surprised about the fact that bricknell is coming back.... I think the rumours about him going to Ottawa (OHL), were obviously just that, rumours. Also heard Parliament offered him the coveted (tongue in cheek) Assistant GM role in Port. Not sure what that entails, as Murray runs the show over there, right? Looks nice on a business card I guess... or do they even have business cards? lol. Just playing around of course.

Not sure about the rest of the leauge. With little Sedore's career being over, I am hearing that their coach (Dad Sedore) is not returning to GEO.

LB, could really use a coaching change. Nice kids, but don't have the team's ears. Jewell runs thing up there, from all accounts I hear.

LF, hope they bring back their coaches, great coaches and a big reason for their success.

Clarington, goes without saying.

Just my opinions....

Fan

Anonymous
(Login ppfan99)

No score for this post
April 13 2012, 6:55 PM 

c fan, im hearing barton in ux this year? any truth to this?
also heard that cain may have accepted an A job, if thats true it will be tough for clarington to replace him. can anyone verify this?
also heard chiefs coaches are back, i thought they did a good job a much improved team with good disclipline. with no jr team for ptbo's aaa center to go expect them to be strong.
heard LB has same coaches as well, i actually think they did a alright job, they were disciplined and played a system, they finished 2nd. not something lb ever does. didnt seem to me like the players were running it. u sure your not mixing them up with your bruins haha.
also heard geo had a new coach in the mix with jra experience. this could help them, i always thought they could have achieved a little more with better coaching.

C Fan
(Login 1793)

No score for this post
April 13 2012, 7:50 PM 

Larry,

You have some good info and some not so good info, from what I have heard anyhow....

Here's what I got:

Strong possibility of Barton in Ux. I know he is interested, and he worked well with Archibald in the past in Ux. Also heard there are a number of different strong candidates in Ux, so Barton may not be a done deal....

I don't think Cain is going to the Junior A ranks. If anything, he may step back this year, due to schedule conflicts. Hope that's not the case, as I think a lot of their success was a direct result of Cain's coaching. Don't expect to see him at the A level, although he is capable for sure.

LF, no clue. Hope those coaches are back because I agree with you 100%.

LB, I think yer a little wrong there. I watched them a number of times and saw no systems whatsoever. I saw an extremely hot team early, and a teribble team when injured so badly in the tail end of the season. The coaches had very little influence on anything from what I have heard. And ya, maybe i was confused with the Bruins. lol. I doubt it though, but that's a whole different story. lol

Geo, I got it on GOOD authority that their new Coach and GM is someone straight out of the York Simcoe Minor programs. Not sure who... Could be Tom Milne, who won the RBC with the Junior A Aurora Tigers in '04,,,,,>>>>??? Or, it could be Clive Moody who has some previous Junior C experience.... My guess is Clive Moody, but how would I know... I am only a "c" fan. happy.gif Guess we will wait and see on that one.

Port... I will defer to you |Larry?????

Fan

shopkeeper77
(Login shopkeeper77)

West it is!!

No score for this post
May 2 2012, 9:31 AM 

As per Darryl Knight's Twitter... @darrylknight
Uxbridge Bruins announce return of Dan West as Head Coach for 2012-13 season #uxbridgepuck

Now that the Bruins have been sorted out, along comes this...@Bricknell34
I will not be with the Mojacks this. I wish the team all the best. Good luck boys.

Whatever that means, maybe he's got a scholarship to Yale.

Larry from Port Perry
(Login LFPPeh)

Hey C Fan......

No score for this post
May 4 2012, 10:34 AM 

Regarding the post this week, I suspect Corey's tweet is what they call a rogue tweet in today's media world.....I can't imagine it's true....what do you think?

C Fan
(Login 1793)

Re: Hey C Fan......

No score for this post
May 31 2012, 7:46 PM 

Hey Larry,

Sorry, just saw this reply.... I guess we all know the scoop now.... lol

Fan

Anonymous
(Login ppfan99)

No score for this post
June 12 2012, 3:11 PM 

Fan,
Has Dan West announced his assistants yet?

Anonymous
(Login ppfan99)

No score for this post
June 12 2012, 3:11 PM 

Fan,
Has Dan West announced his assistants yet? And did u apply?

C Fan
(Login 1793)

No score for this post
June 13 2012, 8:28 AM 

Not too sure who his assistant's are, but I did hear that the previous Asst. GM (Wendel is his nickname, don't know his real name) is back with the Bruins, after leaving them to help out the Eagles last season....

Hell no! lol. Coaching isn't really my thing, I am more of an observer... lol

Fan

Current Topic - Bruins
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Junior HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
The Central, most competitive league around!