Dennis Molinaro sends in these photos of the Fr. John P. Washington monument. Fr. Washington, of course, was the Roseville cleric who went down with the troop transport ship Dorchester
in 1943 along with three other chaplains after they had given their life vests to enlisted men. The above photo shows its new home outside St. Rose church; it was moved there from its old vandal-prone site at Seventh Avenue and Bathgate Place several years ago.
Below is a close-up of its inscription. Thanks, Dennis.