<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to Bodholt's  

Thanks but no thanks!

July 17 2009 at 9:28 PM
John C. 
from IP address 75.139.208.167

Having just spent all day cleaning out another virus, I want to warn everyone to be careful opening e-mails or visiting social networking sites. The culprit this time was the koobface worm, which slowed my computer down to a crawl. A new anti-virus program I installed, called Avira, finally tracked it down and got rid of it. My other program, McAfee, never found it. If your computer has slowed down dramatically, I recommend trying Avira. There is a free version (which I used successfully).

For my own part, I have resolved not to open any emails from people I don't know or that are forwarded. If it has a "fwd" in the title, I will just delete without reading. So if there's something you want me to read, please do not add me to a "forward" list; drop me a line first and let me know you are sending me something. If I don't know you, make sure there is something in the subject line that I recognize, like "SRL grad" or "Newark question."

There is a special place in hell for people who have nothing better to do than invent and distribute viruses.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Margaret Petrocelli

I couldn't agree more.....

July 18 2009, 4:58 PM 

Johnny, I totally agree. I wish them the same. They need to get a life...I will definitely look into that other anti virus...take care...

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to Bodholt's