BACK TO MESSAGE LIST  

If anyone who is christian can say this would be christlike....

January 23 2009 at 11:47 PM
No score for this post
gerard  (no login)

to tell a joke like this:

Suicidal Muslims... Everyone seems to be wondering why Muslim terrorists are so quick to commit suicide. Let's see now...
No Jesus
No Christmas
No television
No cheerleaders
No Nude Women
No car races
No football
No soccer
No pork BBQ
No hot dogs
No burgers
No chocolate chip cookies
No lobster No nachos
No Beer nuts
Rags for clothes and towels for hats.
Constant wailing from the guy next-door because he's sick and there are no doctors.
Constant wailing from the guy in the tower.
More than one wife.
You can't shave.
Your wives can't shave.
You can't shower to wash off the smell of donkey cooked over burning camel dung.
Your bride is picked by someone else.
She smells just like your donkey.

Then they tell you that when you die it all gets better!

I mean, really, is there a mystery here?

....and that it is not intended to mock another culture and ethnicity.....i mean sure parts of that joke are less hurtful than others....but make no mistake.....it is what it is. AND....fine....if we now live in an age where nothing is wrong or morally questionable.....then....okay....but as a christian....if one says they are....then like it or not...they are supposed to what?......

given too....that the title of the post....by the poster...said: 'OK, I am gunna duck this time' (OBVIOUSLY indicating they knew something was incorrect in what they were doing.

ALL....I said in response to that post was this:
Curious statement....
January 19 2009 at 10:37 PM gerard (no login)

Response to Ok I am gonna duck this time. happy.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

why would you feel that you would need to if that joke was in taste or not demeaning in any way?

why qualify it with a statement like you title gave? Seems like you felt something was inappropriate in order to say you needed to duck??

(and giving some personal diss against me is not an answer it was an evasion)

NOW>>>>>Doris said at Mondo's this:
'I think there has to be more of a middle ground. I do think racist jokes should be called out for what they are, but the person telling them shouldn't be reviled, but gently corrected, and educated as to what is no longer socially acceptable. Unfortunately, it starts in our homes, and that is a lot harder to correct.'

So how is what I said...harsh?....and not actually quite gentle.....I asked a question...AND it was ALL based on the poster's OWN choice of title.....

see.....all these people ....like Mondo et al....who call people out because they cannot discuss....well.....i say they are intellectually dishonest then....for.....for Doris comments...were APPLAUDED by Mondo....as GOOD.....but.....it seems they are only good for some.....for again.....my response to Sandy's post was not accusing.....or reviling Sandy......I asked her why then the title if she saw nothign wrong with posting that.

so....don;t tell me there isn't gameplaying going on.

stick to the facts here....and if you do.....well....lol....that wouldn;t be any fun would it...Mondo?

lol

absolutely incredible....imv

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement