BACK TO MESSAGE LIST  

hello Bob (Edited for additional comments)

March 20 2011 at 8:57 PM
No score for this post
Sandy  (Login AmConvinced)
Discussing folks

Response to Deleted by Poster

I copied it for you, Not sure why Dave didn't, but oh well.

Or maybe you knew what it was already?

2 Timothy 3:14-17 (New Living Translation)

14 But you must remain faithful to the things you have been taught. You know they are true, for you know you can trust those who taught you.

15 You have been taught the holy Scriptures from childhood, and they have given you the wisdom to receive the salvation that comes by trusting in Christ Jesus.

16 All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.

17 God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work.

although not sure at this point what we are to stick to, the ancient writings or scripture???? Or is it maybe we are to believe all ancient writings written by other men several years later just has to be correct about what scripture is saying????

Personally I believe scripture is accurate and from the Lord. But that is only because over the years I have had much of it being proven to me it is. So therefore I can testify that I do believe it is the Words of God. Plus I see or understand today most of what is written in the epistles as being the same thing that Jesus said also.

But can a person become a believe, being saved if they do not read the entire bible, believing it. Well IMHO yes, they can just as some person in Iran can be saved by having only the book of Acts or John or whatever, never having any more than that their entirely life. And there are those that have never had only a very small portion of the scriptures many times before.

Some use scripture whenever it serves to prove what they have chosen to believe. But then reject or ignore others whenever it doesn't, but instead is contradictory to what they have chosen to believe. Instead of finding out why some do contradict others dealing with the same subjects.
Love in Christ,
Sandy

This message has been edited by AmConvinced on Mar 20, 2011 9:08 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement