BACK TO MESSAGE LIST  

Re: I Understand, Dave

December 23 2011 at 3:24 PM
No score for this post
Sandy  (Login AmConvinced)
Discussing folks

Response to Re: I Understand, Dave

Respectfully happy.gif

I looked thruout this subject, under the name of Dave, and you seemed to have deleted your own question Dave. Darned if I can find it anyway.

So I have a question now. How can anyone answer you, when it isn't even here to answer what your question was?????

If you don't know what Omniscience means, probably can look thta up in Strongs. And of course, free will pretty well speaks for itself to me anyways.

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

I found this info on another forum that just goes to show us how things can change drastically from one generation to the next. Wonder what else was changed over the years as well.

Love in Christ,
Sandy

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement