BACK TO MESSAGE LIST  

Re: More to ponder

January 15 2012 at 9:00 PM
No score for this post

Kate  (Login kateothelamp)

Response to More to ponder

J: Was Jesus there (with the Father etc) before coming to earth?

Yes. Before he was born as the man, Jesus of Nazareth, he was pre-existent as the Logos, the Word of God.

John 1:1-3 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

J: How big was He then?

Asking how big God is, is like asking how old God is. Or where, exactly God is located. God is eternal, and much, much bigger than our limited human minds can possibly imagine.

Jeremiah 23:23-24 "Am I only a God nearby," declares the LORD, "and not a God far away? Who can hide in secret places so that I cannot see them?" declares the LORD. "Do not I fill heaven and earth?" declares the LORD.

Isaiah 40:12 Who has measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, or with the breadth of his hand marked off the heavens? Who has held the dust of the earth in a basket, or weighed the mountains on the scales and the hills in a balance?

Isaiah 66:1 This is what the LORD says: "Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. Where is the house you will build for me? Where will my resting place be?"

J: Did He loose any of His Deity then or now?

No.

Hebrews 1:8 But about the Son he says, "Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom."

Hebrews 1:10-12 He also says, "In the beginning, O Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands. They will perish, but you remain; they will all wear out like a garment. You will roll them up like a robe; like a garment they will be changed. But you remain the same, and your years will never end."

J: Or did He just sorta set it aside?

In order for the Word to become flesh and dwell among us, to walk here on earth as a human being, he willingly chose to set aside his deity for that time, to make himself nothing.

Philippians 2:5-8 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death even death on a cross!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement