BACK TO MESSAGE LIST  

Re: Are there exceptions to a requirement for Baptism?

February 9 2012 at 12:44 PM
No score for this post
Dave  (Login dpeirce)

Response to Re: Are there exceptions to a requirement for Baptism?

As I said, I was baptized as a child - in a Southern Baptist Church no less. I don't know how my father got that arranged, but he did. I have not been re-baptized. That original Baptism was valid in the Episcopal Church, and then in the Catholic Church. I did attend catechism classes in the Catholic Church, and received the sacrament of Confirmation but not Baptism.

My original Baptism was both the Baptism of water and of the Spirit (Holy Spirit or Holy Ghost, whichever). John's baptisms were into Moses and the Law, but not into the Son and the Holy Spirit, and so did not convey the Holy Spirit, and therefore some of them needed to be Baptized into the Spirit. A Lutheran Baptism, so far as I know, is done with water in the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit: Therefore, it is a valid Baptism.

Since The Spirit distributes his Gifts "to each as he wills" (1 Corinthians 12:11), why would you question my baptism in the spirit if I don't speak in tongues? Perhaps he intended for me a different gift? It's HIS call, you know! He gives whatever gift or gifts will serve the common good (v 7).

However, yes, I was given a prayer language.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement