<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>BACK TO MESSAGE LIST  

Hey Striver....

May 20 2009 at 4:13 PM
No score for this post

(Login seekingsoftly)
folks

I wanted to say to you here....because I don't think Jim ,ooks in very often....

If I remember he is your son right?....if not...boy do i feel dumb....

but....if he is...

You are very lucky to have such a fine guy as a son. He is a gret person imv....you have done a job, as his parent to be commended imv.

He really is a cool cat and a good friend of mine on the forums....I cannot tell you how much kindness and just plain old character Jim shows.

Just wanted to tell you that. (I would rather you don't tell him i said this too okay?....just wanted you to know how much he is appreciated be me and MANY MANY others....)

imv.

gerard

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login djwhal)

Gerard

No score for this post
May 20 2009, 8:22 PM 

Yep, he's my son.

(Login seekingsoftly)
folks

Thanks....i thought he was!!!....and....

No score for this post
May 20 2009, 8:45 PM 

Striver....whatever it is I did to offend you....i can only say sincerely i am sorry. What more can I do?
Dunno??

I cannot change what I believe and do not ask you to either.....i do not even remotely consider you only if you accept my beliefs....I just consider you....as a person and have no ill will towards you.

I sense because I will not discuss or consider your beliefs, that you have issue with me for this. And, all i can say to that is that I can do nothing in good conscience about it.

I respect the fact our beliefs differ and that I also make NO conditions towards you to change them or consider mine in ANY way.

so, if there is anything else I have then done to you, please tell me so I can confess my sins, repent of them and move forward wih you.

What more, can I do Striver? What more is it you ask of me?

if there is something here, let me know exactly what it is, so I can consider if i can give it to you or remedy it , if nothing, then let us put aside past problems, move forward and be friends and show kindness and love towards each other.

I am not perfect, but I am willing to work towards perfection. Are you?

I hope so.

gerard

(Login djwhal)

Gerard

No score for this post
May 21 2009, 7:49 AM 

You have never offended me. Once again, the Path I follow says there is no wrong place for the human soul, the human mind, to be on its evolutionary path. You believe the exoteric interpretation of scripture I, the esoteric. You've as much right to express your mind as I co mine. Of course differences cause discussions to become heated. So many times two people are so involved in who is right, they never even consider they both could be wrong. And until they've asquired Christ mind, both are wrong. I haven't acquired Christ mind. Howze about yourself?? Are we headed for perfection? Yes, a relative perfection. We are taught that even a dust particle is on the path. Well, I find myself gabout to get into another of my always too long post, so I'll shut-up. I get into these matters and can't seem to bet out. Next thing I know I've written the Gettyburg Address.

(Login seekingsoftly)
folks

Well said Striver....

No score for this post
May 21 2009, 2:31 PM 

I became veru disallusioned with 'mainstreme/modern' christianity....some time ago....I am NOT, even though you may not see much difference in me, from say a classic everyday fundy type....but i assure you there is.

I cannot post on it right now, because i have to run to go teach some piano to my little rugrats i love so much.....but i will talk later to you.

I did,admittedly want to come here before i left and see a response....THE response you gave.

i feel much better now.

I am not one to flatter or kiss butt to gain friends...so when I say something it id a genuine feeling(s) I have about someone/something.

I have a great liking towards you, and Jim too for that matter. I am NOT a person who has to have you believe what I do, for me to like or even call a brother.

i will later talk and I can speak on what i think our similarities and differences are in what we believe.

Actually, knowing we both respect each other is ther...it may be fun to do.....and interesting also.

Be well Striver and have a great day.....talk tonight.

g

Vince
(Login MoxiFox)

You didn't happen to find him

No score for this post
May 20 2009, 10:24 PM 

Like Larry King found HIS 31 yo son ......... did you?

-Vince

Current Topic - Hey Striver....
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>BACK TO MESSAGE LIST  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement