<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

It's about time!

June 17 2002 at 5:09 PM
No score for this post
Christy 

Farrer has resigned! Now the team can go forward and let some of the younger and better talent have a chance.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
fan

Re: It's about time!

No score for this post
June 17 2002, 6:33 PM 

nice way to be positive. geez! i think richard contributed a lot to the burn. if you think that is the thing holding the burn back, i think you have another coming. i'll be sad to see him leave the team, but it seems as if he's moving on to greater things.

Baya

Two years late

No score for this post
June 17 2002, 10:47 PM 

WEll,

It is good to see him go now, before the team would cut him off. In my book he took a couple of extra years before he made his final decision. I wish him the best. Law school is not ease. Heck it is not ease to find a job after graduation even having the bar test in the back pucket.
baya

Due recognition

No score for this post
June 18 2002, 1:08 PM 

Richard Farrer has contributed a lot over the years, and I will be sorry to see him go. More than most sports, I think soccer favors youth, but there is still a lot to be said for experience and good judgment, especially when it comes to defenders. There is a reason why so much of the young talent plays up front, and why, up until this year, Farrer has kept his position among the starting 11. He got the job done when others the Burn put in the back didn't. He's made the Burn a better team during his career, and I'm sure he'll be a good lawyer, too.

Sue Graghs

Re: Due recognition

No score for this post
June 18 2002, 8:23 PM 

It's just too bad that Richard was made to play in the left midfield position this year. Midfield requires someone who can run the length of the field the entire game, and that is where youth has an advantage. Also, Richard definitely prefers using his right foot. Who made that decision to play him there?

At any rate, Richard has all of our best wishes for a successful future.

Current Topic - It's about time!
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on SoccerCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement