Respond to this messageReturn to list of Book Titles
Original Message
  • school & books
    • Pam (no login)
      Posted Aug 13, 2005 6:20 AM

Doris, I could write reams about this! I remember a lot of the kids right from kindergarten - I remember Billy B's vest that had deer on it! I can remember individual illustrations from the school readers that left an impression on me for some reason, a seaside scene, the deep green of Sally's dress like velvet (Dick & Jane's little sister). We went to the library (no school library) religiously and returned with piles of books. Somewhere being read to and reading blurred together. Uncle Wiggly, the E. Nesbit books, the ARthur Ransome books, Freddy the Pig series, John Masefield's children's books, Tom Sawyer, James Thurber's stories with the great line illustrations, Edward Lear's nonsense verse, Kate Greenaway's alphabet book, Wind in the Willows, The Waterbabies (heavy moralizing). Comics! We used to trade comics weekly. I loved Wonder Woman too, also Superboy, Plastic Man - I remember him stretching himself into a highway....I guess I should stop now ...
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.