Respond to this messageReturn to list of Book Titles
Original Message
  • I was duped!
    • eLIZabeth (no login)
      Posted Aug 20, 2005 7:34 AM

Whoa, I may have been reading another book . I "bought" his fatness right from the start. I too saw the numbers that didn't "seem" obese but it's funny...I work with numbers and charts all the time before I lay eyes on the patients we are taking care of and one thing I've learned is the numbers are one tiny piece of the person, NOT the whole person and they are often misleading. What is grabbing me in this book is his addictive personality. Weight issues do seem to be completely a mind/body thing......just talk to any anorexic. I think the author is bringing up some excellent points about yo-yo dieting too and why diets don't work. I was eating a bowl of popcorn (with butter and salt of course) when I was reading the last installment last night and I admit, I suddenly felt GUILT. but I got over it, lol. And, yes, I am going to read the whole book. I like his writing.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.