Respond to this messageReturn to list of Book Titles
Original Message
  • Old School Author
    • fer (no login)
      Posted May 22, 2008 10:09 AM

I've been enjoying reading the entries of everyone regarding this Fern Michaels book. I've never been a fan of FM. Her romance writing style is something that was popular 20 years ago and is no longer relevant to today's romance readers.

NOTE TO AUTHOR:
      1. I do not care what color my heroine's walls are or for that matter what style she chose to decorate her house in. Truly irrelevant information, especially when it is offered up by the heroine herself.
      2. I also do not care what she wears. Please refrain from describing the cute pantsuit she chose to wear that day or the sweatpants she changes into. It doesn't matter.
      3. Women do not pretend to be strong, they do not put up a face in front of their male co-workers in order to be taken seriously. We ARE strong and we do not wish to wail and cry when we don't get the things we want. Only immature people (male or female) do this.

Ms. Michaels continues to write in the style that has worked well for her and has established a following. However her choice to do this will not gain her any new readers. I would like to see the book club take a chance with some newer authors.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
    © Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
    Book prices may vary without notice.