Respond to this messageReturn to list of Book Titles
Original Message
  • Re: Firefly Lane
    • kristin hannah (Login KristinHannah)
      Posted Jul 1, 2008 11:48 AM

Dear Connie--

Thanks so much for posting. I've actually been surprised by how many readers have responded to say that they, too, were raised by grandparents. I imagine that as both a sad and wonderful thing--wonderful because you are deeply loved and cared for, and sad because someone is always sort of missing in your life. As you keep reading Firefly, you'll see that Tully was profoundly affected by her mother's abandonment of her; in fact, it really is the cornerstone of her personality. It created a hole in her that she is forever trying to fill. It takes a long time for her to understand that SHE wasn't rejected by her mother; her mother simply couldn't be a parent. Sadly, this kind of thing happens. And ultimately, we have to accept that our folks are simply human, sometimes flawed, and go on to become our best selves anyway. That's Tully's path.

I hope you enjoy the book--

my best,
      Kristin
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
    © Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
    Book prices may vary without notice.