January 19 2003 at 11:12 PM
Joe Catal  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

Business Book Club
Telesales Tips from the
Trenches

by Joe Catal
Buy book: $28.01
Based on the largest research project ever undertaken in the field--over 35,000 sales calls over 12 years--S.P.I.N. Selling shows why major sales require a new and different set of skills from those that have always been used for small sales.

This message has been edited by chapteraday on Jan 18, 2005 3:34 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
William Rummel
(no login)

Chapter Five Reading Review

January 20 2003, 2:08 PM 

For a research effort, this is not very scholarly. Instead, I find myself listening to a familiar conversation about the same old commonsense information that has been published and re-published countless times.

There are no specific examples - someone with thousands of success stories and yet none are in print? SPECIFICS of the "HOW" in sales can provide true insights into the profession and become a must read handbook for sales professionals.

However, this book, Telesales Tips from the Trenches, has less content than most high school textbooks. Reader beware!

Respond to this message   

(no login)

GREAT BOOK!

December 3 2004, 3:30 PM 

This is one of the best books ever written on subject of phone sales and cold calling. I suggest you go to amazon.com and read the book reviews. Verizon and many other fortune 500 companies use the authors methods. I find it hard to believe that almost 100 5 star reviews at amazon are all wrong.

Respond to this message   
Joe Gnash
(no login)

Wrong review!

February 2 2007, 2:19 PM 

Looks like the bad review is from part of another book? The Telesales Tips from the Trenches is a very good book about phone sales. I personally have it and found it very informative. I'm surprised that someone would say there's no information in it? It has around 1,000 examples and techniques that are said word for word. I think the above poor review is from a different different book.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Telesales Tips from the Trenches
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.