<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  

Family Resemblance (Fiction)

October 4 2003 at 11:10 AM
Tanya Maria Barrientos  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

Fiction Book Club
Family Resemblance
by Tanya Maria Barrientos
Buy book: $9.85
Family Resemblance is the poignant and vibrant second novel about three generations of Latina women.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Stacy
(no login)

Interesting! I want to read more!

October 6 2003, 12:11 PM 

This is my first time doing this, but I loved the first chapter of this book! I can totally picture the sparring professors debating at dinner. I can't wait to read the next chapter!

Respond to this message   
Amy
(Login Lillianrose)

So Interesting

October 8 2003, 9:20 AM 

This is my first e-mail book also and this book has caught my attention immediately. There are so many aspects to this character already. I will definitely read the rest of this novel - it has me hooked!

Respond to this message   
Meghan
(no login)

Not bad

October 8 2003, 10:57 AM 

I'm interested in the character's profession, not the character herself, but it's holding my attention so far.

Respond to this message   
Mari
(no login)

FINALLY!

October 8 2003, 5:14 PM 

As a Latina, I am proud and happy :) to see you are enjoying this book... I am going to buy this book and share it with my sisters. If you are interested in reading other Latinas, let me know... you might try Sandra Cisneros. Disfruta! (Enjoy!)

P.S. It is my first time too!

Respond to this message   
Michelle
(no login)

Wow

October 8 2003, 6:58 PM 

Hey, My first email book too! I'm really liking this one. I like how I had a good sense of the characters right away. The author does a good job of making me want to know more about these characters. I can't wait to read more!

Respond to this message   
Lorraine
(no login)

A little late

October 9 2003, 1:36 AM 

Today's selection is the first one of this book that I have found captivating. I will have to see what happens tomorrow.

Respond to this message   
Jill
(no login)

I really like this book!

October 9 2003, 10:15 AM 

I was hooked from day one. Really like the author's writing style. Looking forward to getting this book so I can continue to read it.

Respond to this message   
Cindy
(no login)

Another winner

October 10 2003, 10:23 AM 

I like the author's style, the characters, and the hint of a mystery in the plot. I've placed a hold at my library.

Respond to this message   
Rae
(no login)

Enjoying this book

October 10 2003, 7:53 PM 

Great reading so far. Curious to know about Pancha. Who is she, and how will Nita get the info from her ailing dad that will uncover the mystery. This is not only an engrossing mystery in its own right, but a view into the life of a divorced woman of Guatamalan roots who has been denied knowledge of her ancestry, which, after all, gives one his/her identity. Anxious to know how all will be resolved.

Respond to this message   
Carmella
(no login)

Family Resemblance

October 11 2003, 6:19 PM 

I finally caught up on my reading today... I am really enjoying this book, and would like to read the whole thing. I really like how book club selections are often multi-cultural. Another good book about a Latina is "Amaerica's Dream." The only concern I have is how she comes across as a marital therapist. I am a graduate student in marriage and family therapy at the University of South Carolina. Her not listening to her clients does not cast therapists in a very positive light. It is part of her job to be paying close attention to what's going on during the session. The fact that her client picked up on it, and then she didn't admit that she was preoccupied is also alarming. I thought the embroiderred pilows was cool, though. Just some thoughts.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.