Helping Those Who Hurt (Good News)

November 17 2003 at 3:22 AM
H. Norman Wright  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

Good News Book Club
Helping Those Who Hurt
by H. Norman Wright
Buy book: $9.88
From years of experience as a licensed marriage and family counselor comes Wright's practical book on bringing healing during times of illness, relationship problems, and more.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Joan
(no login)

HELPING -

November 17 2003, 10:44 AM 

This is the book I will wind up buying. I often experience moments that require "listening" when I minister to the sick in the hospital each week and I meet both patients and their visitors who often remark,"I just don't know what to say." I think this will be a useful tool to show them that there is easy solutions. Thanks!

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Helping Those Who Need Us

November 18 2003, 11:27 PM 

I've just joined the bookclub and was facinated with this weeks selection. I previously finished a layperson counseling course at church which licensed me with the American Christian Counseling Assoc. I have also worked for a few years in the deathcare business at a cemetery and believe me this is so needed! Most of the time the best thing to do is be silent ....just being there shows you care ..... touching their hand or arm in a caring way sends a great message too. I will definitely read this book.

Respond to this message   
Eugene
(no login)

Enjoyed what I have read so far

November 19 2003, 1:17 PM 

It seems to be a very good book. This author has a lot of insight. It is great to be able to review books such as this one before making a purchase.I am also reading "Life after death" by Tony Cooke. Another book dealing with the grieving process.

Respond to this message   
Carolyn
(no login)

Such an important topic

November 21 2003, 9:05 AM 

My husband and I are at the age where our friends have issues with their marriages, children and parents - sometimes all at once. This book will be invaluable as we try to be the best friends we can to those we care about. Thank you for this selection.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Helping Those Who Hurt (Good News)
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.