Open Season on Lawyers (Mystery)

January 25 2004 at 9:11 AM
Taffy Cannon  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

Mystery Book Club
Open Season on Lawyers
by Taffy Cannon
Buy book: $10.61

Someone is killing the sleazy lawyers of Los Angeles in a way that brings to mind the trials that made them famous. (The lawyer responsible for freing a food poisoning chef responsible for four deaths, dies of botulism.) Enter homicide detective Joanna.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Doris
(no login)

Mystery --

January 26 2004, 10:42 AM 

I do love a good mystery - without the gore - hopefully that is the case with this one. Starts out looking good to me --

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login robint1981)

Great Start

January 26 2004, 11:15 AM 

The first installment was terrific. I can't wait to read the rest. Good choice!!!!

Respond to this message   
Doris
(no login)

Re: Great Start

January 27 2004, 5:08 AM 

"But he was still a good heart, with the demeanor of an unmade bed."
Now that's a good descriptive line even at this early hour - this may be my book for the week. I like this woman and her "adult playpen" -- Will definitely look into more of her books -- but the author's name - - Taffy ? -- well one I won't forget anyway --

Respond to this message   
Doris
(no login)

Still reading --

January 28 2004, 10:22 AM 

Are there no other mystery readers out there? Do you not like or just reserving judgement?

Respond to this message   
Tonya
(no login)

Re: Still reading --

January 29 2004, 9:37 AM 

Doris - I am a HUGE mystery fan (you should see my book shelves) and I tend to enjoy detective novels, but this one, well, it just isn't doing it for me. The first day had potential but I've slowly lost interest thus I have very little to say about it.

I do enjoy all your commentary throughout all the clubs. I too am a member of the fiction club and the romance club. Be talking to you! :)

Respond to this message   
anna6743
(no login)

I agree

January 28 2004, 6:09 AM 

yes, i agree with your statement - i have read the first 3 days and i am enjoying this book. mysteries are my favorite. tks. anna6743

Respond to this message   
Marilyn
(no login)

Lawyers

January 27 2004, 2:54 PM 

I like this one. Looks like it could be a good mystery.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Re: Open Season on Lawyers (Mystery)

January 28 2004, 9:59 AM 

Interesting story but adult language is not necessary to get across the points. These stories need to be cleaned up.

Respond to this message   
Billye
(no login)

Re: Re: Open Season on Lawyers (Mystery)

February 4 2004, 11:00 AM 

I agree. Why use profanity when the story can be

told without it ?

Respond to this message   

(no login)

I Like It!!!!

January 28 2004, 12:51 PM 

I really like this one so far and I don't see a reason to change my mind. I'm definitely requesting it from the library.

Respond to this message   
Suzanne
(no login)

Open Season on Lawyers

January 29 2004, 11:26 AM 

This book has my attention! Interesting characters, interesting start and I'll have to read the entire book , I think.

Respond to this message   
Pam G.
(Login Purplepanda24)

I agree

January 30 2004, 1:05 AM 

I agree with you. I am going to see if my local library has it. If not I will go buy it. Can not wait to read the rest of the story.

Respond to this message   
jan
(no login)

Re: Open Season on Lawyers

January 30 2004, 8:20 AM 

This is an interesting read so far,It has my attention.I will have to check it out at the library

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

This one seems too familiar

January 30 2004, 2:16 AM 

I adore murder mysteries, and my library specializes in them. I've read hundreds in the past few years. Maybe I know this writer and don't remember?

For me, two things make a mystery novel good - three things, if I count excellent writing. I missed all of them here: a "round" detective, a context that interests and informs me, and a compelling writing style.

Respond to this message   
Christy
(no login)

Re: Open Season on Lawyers (Mystery)

January 30 2004, 10:15 AM 

I will most certainly be finishing this book. I thought it was great. I work for attorneys, although not sleazy ones, so there was actually some comedy to the book for me. Looking forward to completing it. Thanks.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Open Season on Lawyers (Mystery)
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.