<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  

When Zachary Beaver Came to Town (Teen)

February 15 2004 at 10:00 AM
Kimberly Willis Hole  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

Teen Book Club
When Zachary Beaver Came to Town
by Kimberly Willis Holt
Buy book: $4.95

Nothing ever happens in Toby's small Texas town. Nothing until his mother leaves home to be a country singer, and his friend goes off to fight in Vietnam. But he is about to get an even bigger jolt with the arrival of Zachary Beaver, the fattest boy in the world.

This message has been edited by chapteraday on Feb 18, 2004 9:04 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
joan
(no login)

zachary beaver

February 17 2004, 1:32 PM 

I'm trying to read this story, but it's just not grabbing me. Maybe it's gets better. I hope so.

Respond to this message   
natalie
(no login)

Zachary Beaver

February 17 2004, 8:22 PM 

Yeah, me niether. I love to read, but this book is hard to keep reading.

Respond to this message   
Emmy
(no login)

Agreed

March 6 2004, 1:11 AM 

This book was so hard to read. it didn't grab my attention. Don't thinl i'll continue reading this book.

Respond to this message   
Lauren
(no login)

It will get better

October 7 2004, 9:12 PM 

Hello at first i read the book it was the worst! But then when well i cant say. when the most importanat event happened the book got wonderful. Its getting even better because i had to read it during the summer for shcool and we are getting even more into the book its great

Respond to this message   
Kelsey
(no login)

this is kinda boring

February 17 2004, 6:07 PM 

Maybe the book will get better, I don't know but so far it is kind of dull to me, now last week's book was good, I hope this one is the same!

Respond to this message   
Tre'
(no login)

Garris

February 25 2004, 4:09 PM 

I Don'T Think Reading is a option,I think they just tre to trick you!!!!!!

Respond to this message   
vanessa
(no login)

Re: When Zachary Beaver Came to Town (Teen)

February 17 2004, 6:19 PM 

what's the deal with this fat business? My friend is going on an out of control diet and this whole fat business is working my last nerves. Look at queen latifah for lord's sake.

Respond to this message   
joan
(no login)

re: vanessa

February 18 2004, 1:53 PM 

Right on!

Respond to this message   
Chris
(no login)

More to the book that fat.

March 16 2004, 12:36 PM 

The book if you have not finished it has a great deal more to it than just Zachary being fat. It about being a friend and living in a community.

Respond to this message   
Olivia
(no login)

Re: When Zachary Beaver Came to Town (Teen)

February 18 2004, 6:46 PM 

I loved this book. I just finished it and was awed by the author's simplistic, yet, lyrical language. The story's layers are wonderfully interwoven, and I couldn't help but feel a certain partialness to each of the characters. This book has both highs and lows. I found myself both laughing at Cal's boyish antics, and crying at the "rosebush scene". I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who loves a story that has true heart.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.