Face (Teen Book Club)

March 12 2004 at 8:40 PM
Benjamin Zephaniah  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

Teen Book Club
Face
by Benjamin Zephaniah
Buy book: $10.69

Martin is a good-looking, self-assured boy who accepts a ride home from a drunken acquaintance and ends up in a horrible accident--badly burned, his face completely disfigured. Life as it was before is over...he loses his girlfriend and his friends, and finds that people are making judgements about him and how he feels without even knowing.
As Martin struggles through the reconstruction of his face, he is also working hard to reconstruct his life. His character, however, remains intact. There are startling truths in this story, written with clarity and insight, which make it utterly believable and impossible to read without heartfelt empathy. Parents, librarians, teachers and mostly children will be absorbed by the story.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login Reb29)

Looks good...

March 15 2004, 8:29 PM 

Hey!
I think it looks pretty good so far!
I can't wait to get the next part...:)

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Its awesome

March 17 2004, 6:15 PM 

Hey everyone,

So far the book is fablous. I like it a lot and are actually thinking of buying the book. But only time will tell. I think everone will like it too because it has a lot of truth in it. And well, to sum it all up its a great book so far and I can hardly stand waiting for the next part of the story.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

FACE

March 28 2004, 5:35 AM 

Found your comment while doing some research before teaching the book to a class and just wanted to tell you that I agree. A lot of books for young people are patronising and really don't reflect what being young in the world is like today. Face deals with realistis issues and pressures and is a brilliant read. REFUGEE BOY is good too. Keep reading.

Respond to this message   
Anamonyana
(no login)

Face

May 18 2004, 6:01 PM 

this book is really good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i also want to read refugee boy! how is refugee boy? defenetly keep reading! anamonyana
(anna)

Respond to this message   

(no login)

great book

March 22 2004, 11:47 AM 

i think that this is a great book and i will defenetly go rent it!

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Face (Teen Book Club)
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.