May 16 2004 at 11:38 AM
Amy Kaye  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

VVt_0843952520_l

Teen Book Club
Focus on This
by Amy Kaye
Buy book: $5.39

Hamilton High is the setting for a hot new reality television series that exposes the raw truth about handling high school. No subject is too taboo, no secret too private, and no behavior off limits.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Reham
(Login AngelMeMo)

Re: Focus on This (Teen)

May 17 2004, 6:55 AM 

i read the first chupter and it was ok so far

Respond to this message   
Karoi
(no login)

Focus...#1

May 17 2004, 9:08 AM 

Oo, I like.
That must be so annoying having the cameras all over the school, I agree with Fiona.
I was in a play once that got documented, it was pretty annoying. But they bought us pizzia at the end of the run of the play.
I don't think that Fiona will get pizza...heheheh.
Can't wait for tomorrow's,
Karoi

Respond to this message   
Tiffany
(no login)

Re: Focus...#1

May 19 2004, 11:39 PM 

o that must totaly suck having cameras all around, recording every personal moment. Dang, I could not handle it!

Respond to this message   
Katie
(no login)

Sounds like a great book!

May 17 2004, 10:48 AM 

The prolouge sounds great and that's just the start. That means the book will be great! I can't wait until tomorrow!

Your Reader,
Katie E.

Respond to this message   
joan
(no login)

May 17 2004, 1:54 PM 

Oh yeah. I like. Good choice. It's got a fast pace, it's funny, but seems to contain a lot of personal truths, if you know what I mean. Looking forward to more.

Respond to this message   
Annie
(no login)

May 17 2004, 9:14 PM 

This book sounds soooo good! I skimmed through a review on the movie "My Life as A Teenage Drama Queen" and is it just me or does this book sound similar? I don't know...maybe it's just new high school and NJ in common. But I am really wondering if they are the same!

Respond to this message   
tzipora
(no login)

May 31 2004, 3:36 PM 

i read confessions of a teenage drama queen and its nothing like focus on this. well, there are similarities, but confessions is about an overly dramatic teen who wants to be the star in the school play in her new school and has made enemies with the most popular girl in school. oh, and the girl in confessions also wants to prove to everyone that she's just as cool as the popular girl, and claims that she has tickets to the last concert of her favorite band, and tickets to the party afterward.
so far, in focus on this, the girl seems to not like all the tv attention in the school. and...i dont really know, because i havent read the book!

Respond to this message   
Teresa
(no login)

Do any of the libraries own this book?

May 19 2004, 8:20 PM 

I checked on the library catalog and none of the libraries have this book. I was hoping that anyone else who enjoyed it and wanted to read the rest of it Suggest it in the "Suggest a Title" section of the LCPL website. The more people who suggest the library buy it the greater chance we have!!!!!

Respond to this message   
Karoi
(no login)

Focus On This (Thursday)

May 20 2004, 12:24 PM 

I totally agree Joan, it is funny yet holds to a lot of problems that teens have.
I like the fast moving plot too.
I haven't seen "Confessions of a teenage..."
But the script may have been based off of this book, you never know. Maybe in the credits, they mention where they got the idea.

Teresa, what is the LCPL? I've never heard of it. Yes I don't think the Libraries around my town will have a copy either, but maybe I could inter-library-loan it.

Lovin' this book,
Karoi

Respond to this message   
joan
(no login)

May 20 2004, 1:02 PM 

I love this book! It rocks! The scene with her mother in the basement and the platter...what a riot. It was very cool of Joey to make contact with Fiona. Things are looking up, but that's always when things start to go wrong. Can't wait for Friday's read. And that's a great idea, Theresa.

Respond to this message   
Anna
(no login)

focus on that!

May 21 2004, 1:59 PM 

i think that this book is o.k. i don't think that i am going to go get it out from the libray!

Respond to this message   
Karoi
(no login)

Good book

May 21 2004, 1:34 PM 

Awesome book,
will totally check this out at the library.
Karoi

Respond to this message   
Jasmine Roy
(no login)

hello

November 5 2004, 7:37 PM 

hello my name is jasmine and im a seventh grader at i love to read!!! i read your book unscripted and i thought it was outstanding.

This message has been edited by chapteraday on Nov 8, 2004 9:18 PM

Respond to this message   
Theresa (spacer)
(no login)

Modern Love

January 21 2006, 11:44 AM 

Reminds me of Modern Love for Beginners by someone called Fran Timbers from England. She was only 15 when she wrote it, making her the youngest self help author at the time, though now overtaken by that 7 year old who wrote about coping with parental divorce. I wonder how that works out...

It’s about love (duh). The bit I found the most interesting though was a small section dedicated to “controlling love”. It has 15 ways to use the science of love and human behaviour to attract people to you. The weird thing was it actually works.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.