June 13 2004 at 10:38 AM
Priscilla Royal  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

VVm_1590580885_l

Mystery Book Club
Wine of Violence
by Priscilla Royal
Buy book: $22.46

It is late summer in the year 1270 and England is as weary as its aging king, Henry III. Although the Simon de Montfort rebellion is over, the smell of death still hangs like smoke over the land. Even in the small priory of Tyndal on the remote East Anglian coast, the monks and nuns of the Order of Fontevraud long for a return to tranquil routine. Their hopes are dashed, however, when the young and inexperienced Eleanor of Wynethorpe is appointed their new prioress over someone of their own choosing.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Marie
(no login)

Fine start

June 14 2004, 1:20 PM 

I really enjoyed the beginning- it's made me wish for the next installment. So many clues to the future- she wrongly accused- who? why? Also, the idea of changing the Priory's "administration" will surely set up some interesting tension, and we'll learn about new characters with the rest of the Priory. A great start!

Respond to this message   
Carol B
(no login)

Can't Wait

June 15 2004, 12:30 PM 

I can't wait for the next installment. This has great potential. I'm not familiar with this period in history either, so I may actually learn something also.

Respond to this message   
Tonya
(no login)

Intrigued

June 15 2004, 8:58 AM 

I too find this to be a good start. I'm already full of questions and anxious to read more.

Respond to this message   
Deb
(no login)

Interesting

June 20 2004, 11:59 AM 

I like the premise of this book...I was intrigued by the Brother Cadfael series in books and then on TV. The author gives us enough information to keep us in the time frame without trying to mimic the vernacular of the time..with these and thou. I think that I'll find the book and continue.

Respond to this message   
Carol B
(no login)

Finally read it

July 6 2004, 11:47 AM 

I've finally read this book. I liked it (mainly because of the character, Eleanor) but was a little taken aback by all the homosexuality in it. Is this what this series is all about? Did anybody else read this?

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Wine of Violence (Mystery)
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.