<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  

Deadly Aim (Good News)

June 24 2004 at 4:57 PM
Patricia H. Rushford  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

VVg_0800758471_l

Good News Book Club
Deadly Aim
by Patricia H. Rushford
Buy book: $9.88

Rushford kicks off a thrilling new crime series set in the cozy coastal hamlet of Sunset Cove, Oregon. Featuring determined police officer Angel Delaney, the first episode is sure to have armchair sleuths turning the pages as fast as they can to discover whodunit.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Sheila
(no login)

Re: Deadly Aim (Good News)

June 29 2004, 10:28 AM 

This is not one I will have to run right out and by. After reading the first two installments, I am more caught up in the writing style than in the story. The author's style reminds me of my days in undergraduate short story class and how poor Dr. Graybill must have felt reading all our sophomoric stories. Maybe I've gotten too spoiled reading Dee Henderson or Ted Dekker, but I feel Rushford's writing has just not reached the level of her potential. I can see in intriguing story unfolding, but I can't get beyond the cliches to keep reading it.

Respond to this message   
danabelle
(Login danabelle)

I so totally agree...

July 19 2004, 9:59 PM 

I was interested in the story line, I think, but the writing just bothered me. I almost felt as if the author was writing down to the reader (me) ... on the level of "It was a dark and stormy night..."

Respond to this message   
Cindy
(no login)

I disagree

August 23 2004, 6:49 PM 

I just read this book. It was a quick and exciting read. I kept wanting to see what the next chapter revealed!

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.