August 13 2004 at 11:08 AM
Audrey Couloumbis  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

VVt_0142501867_l

Teen Book Club
Say Yes
by Audrey Couloumbis
Buy book: $5.39
Now in paperback from the author of the Newbery Honor book "Getting Near to Baby." When 12-year-old Casey is abandoned by her mother in the city, she must find a way to survive and learns that help comes at a price.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(no login)

I like this book.

August 16 2004, 8:24 AM 

I like this book, so far, because I know I've read one kind of like it, and it was good, too. I like the idea of someone being abandoned by their mother, (not really, but in a book), because it's fun to try to imagine what's going to happen next, and how the book's going to end.

Email me, I love getting emails!

Respond to this message   
Rachel
(no login)

Great book!

August 17 2004, 4:16 PM 

I really like this book! It's interesting. I'm not so sure if I'll like it better than the recent books Acceleration and Nothing to Lose. Those were really good books! I wonder what happened to her step-mom. Her boyfriend might have put her in a trance and gotten eloped never to return!

Respond to this message   
john
(no login)

what

August 17 2004, 6:05 PM 

did you really mean what you said about the whole mother thing. because i don't think that any one likes that idea not even in a book. i guess that you are a very young girl and don't know that what you said can say so many things about you. and i guess that you still have a mother and all of your friends have one to. but did you ever stop and think that so one that doesn't have a mother might read what you said and now they they thing that, that is what everyone thinks. just because he read that in a book club. will i guess you were wrong because i don't have a mother and i can bet you that someone else in this club doesn't have a mother either. and maybe that person was not having that great of a day anyway and because he love this club and he goes to it when ever he wants to get rid of stress. well thanks for ruin that now! and way what iam trying to say is that you should think about that you are going to say before you say it because you know who could read it or how it happened to them. well you said that you want some one to e-mail you so here it is. hope you still stay in the club.
- john

Respond to this message   
gina
(no login)

hey

August 30 2004, 7:26 PM 

hey you really should think about clamming down

Respond to this message   
joan
(no login)

so far

August 16 2004, 1:28 PM 

I like this book so far. I like the pacing, fast and to the point. We get right into the story it seems. From the jacket, description I wasn't expecting to like this one, but so far so good.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

wow

August 16 2004, 4:33 PM 

so far very interesting i think that her mom either got:
a:drunk
b:the boyfriend asked her to marry her
c:shes in the hospital
d:her daughter Casey got abandond

what do you think?

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

not reading this one

August 16 2004, 8:31 PM 

i d not think that i am going to read this one. hope you like it!

Respond to this message   

(Login lull89)

Aaargh!

August 16 2004, 9:19 PM 

Cliffhanger ending! I hate cliffhanger endings! It has been good so far, but it is only the first section. I bet her stepmother has left her because of her getting up in the morning, and the money on the fridge, although she doesn't really strike me as teh reliable type, so she could be out somewhere with her boyfriend or something, but my money is on the leaving. Anyway, I've started posting my e-mail, but be sure to put teen book club in the message, or it will get deleted.

Writing later-

Andy, 14
Monroe County Library System
Brighton, Rochester, New York

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Say Yes

August 16 2004, 10:34 PM 

The segment comes to a sudden stop which gets me confused.
The book says that the elevator was right next to her and that she heard knocking when the elevator came so that would meanthat her mom was home.Idont know but it will probalbly take the next instalment to even the confusions out.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Re: Say Yes (Teen)

August 17 2004, 11:35 AM 

ooooo........i like this book! its interesting..and i want to keep reading..so many cliff hangers tho! jeepers...

Respond to this message   
joan
(no login)

yes

August 17 2004, 12:01 PM 

I agree with Alex, the writing is a bit confusing with the sudden switches and I get lost about what they are speaking about sometimes. But it is an interesting story so far.

Respond to this message   

(Login ready4j)

re Joan

August 18 2004, 1:09 PM 

thanx joan i knew someone would back me up

Respond to this message   

(Login ready4j)

instalment 3

August 18 2004, 1:05 PM 

The end of this segment(3)I start to worry about casey and her stepmom where could she be? And if she is alive why is she keeping it all from her daughter?I mean my mom tells me everything except when its suprise and I have a strong feeling that this is not a suprise.
Email me!!
it matters

Respond to this message   

(Login lull89)

Good

August 19 2004, 2:39 PM 

This book is getting better as it goes along. This will make my list if it keeps up the good work. I am glad she finally figured out her stepmom was gone, now I'd like to see her try to survive. I wonder how much money was left for her, I bet it will only last for a few days, and then she might have to get a job. Anyway, I'm running long, so I'll write tomorrow.

See ya-

Andy, 14
Monroe County Library System
Brighton, Rochester, New York

Respond to this message   
joan
(no login)

say

August 20 2004, 11:46 AM 

Casey doesn't seemed too frightened about being abandoned, concerned and confused maybe, but I'd be pretty freaked out by now. And Fran seems like the person she should go to, surely her mother would be expecting Casey to seek some help at this point.

Respond to this message   

(Login ready4j)

August 20 2004, 3:22 PM 

#4 is very....how do you say it.....worrying it make s you think that she will have to live but herself. There is money under the fridge so maybe she is gone for good.

Respond to this message   
Rachel
(no login)

Oh my gosh!

August 21 2004, 3:28 PM 

Oh my gosh! This is such a good book! I am so going to get it from the library. I also tell my friends about books, so they will really hear about this one!

Respond to this message   

(no login)

OMG, i loved this book!!!

September 6 2004, 11:25 AM 

Hey! I read this on a vaykay last year... I LOVED IT! I JUST went around my house searching for it, and reread my fave parts...

it's about getting your priorities mixed up! I was sobbing by the end. BUT IT'S A HAPPY ENDING! Gosh, am i saying too much? how can she even forgive the mother. I'm gonna cry again!

~T.R.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Say Yes (Teen)
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.