September 12 2004 at 6:06 PM
Jill Marie Landis  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

VVr_0804120072_l

Romance Book Club
Heat Wave
by Jill Marie Landis
Buy book: $13.38

Landis turns up the heat in this story about coming to terms with unimaginable loss, rediscovering the immutable bonds of family, and learning how to give love a second chance.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login EMHPJH)

Slow, confusing.

September 13 2004, 8:17 AM 

This has gotten me very confused. She doesn't really clarify what has happened to Jake, Carly, and Chris. I know that it may come later in the book, but some may forget by that time. I will keep reading and see what happens. Maybe it will explain itself.

Respond to this message   
Dani
(no login)

Re: Slow, confusing.

September 13 2004, 3:35 PM 

I thought Jake, Carley and Chris had left on vacation and she was housesitting for 6 weeks. I thought what we didn't know was how she hurt her hand and what she is having nightmares about. Now I'm confused.

I'm also comfused by all the quotation marks. I know she's not saying those things, but they look like dialog. I think some of those lines are in italics in the manuscript, and they are her thoughts.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Slow, confusing

September 14 2004, 12:15 AM 

I was a bit confused to, so I went to Jill's website.
The exerpt there explains what happened to her hand - makes a bit more sense.

I am looking forward to reading more, but can't afford to buy anymore hard covers -

To answer the other question, What happened to her friends I believe is explained her previous book Lovers Lane. So if you want to know more have to read that book. That may help to alleviate the confusion.

Well that is it for this time.
Cheers All

Respond to this message   
Dani
(no login)

Re: Slow, confusing

September 14 2004, 7:56 AM 

Thanks, Jolene!

Respond to this message   
Ella
(no login)

Like It

September 17 2004, 9:29 AM 

So far I like this one. It leaves out just enough information for me to want to continue reading, yet gives you enough that you aren't totally scratching your head wondering what is happening. I like the mixture of mystery and the impending romance.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Thoughts...

September 17 2004, 11:54 AM 

I loved Suzanne's comparison of reading with dating! I never thought of it like that before. It makes it easier for me to quit reading this one. I'm simply calling a relationship off after a few dates!

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Heat Wave (Romance)
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.