October 15 2004 at 2:00 PM
Giles Blunt  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

VVm_042519678X_l

Mystery Book Club
The Delicate Storm
by Giles Blunt
Buy book: $6.29

The acclaimed author of "Forty Words for Sorrow" delivers a second thrilling mystery featuring detectives John Cardinal and Lisa Delorme. As a freak warm front moves in to Algonquin Bay, North Ontario, it spurs a smart and powerful killer to commit the perfect crime over and over again.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Marilyn
(no login)

I like it

October 19 2004, 12:56 PM 

So far, it seems interesting. Is it possible that there are 2 good mysteries in a row for me? This week and last week. We'll see.

Respond to this message   
Doris
(no login)

Re: The Delicate Storm (Mystery)

October 19 2004, 3:06 PM 

Where are all you mystery readers out there? So far I am enjoying this well written (in my opinion) book tho' of course not into the mystery yet - but that's okay with me - all in good time -

Can't you just see the cantankerous old man and also feel his feelings of helplessness and dependency? Some of you may want to jump right into the fray - I am content to enjoy the preamble along the way - tho' do enjoy either way -

Have already checked my library and they have his previous book and also this one - Hooray for me - !!!

Respond to this message   
Tonya
(no login)

Good thus far

October 20 2004, 9:34 AM 

I am too enjoying this one. And I think finding a human arm in the back yard is quite a good start to a mystery...

Respond to this message   
emily
(no login)

storm

October 23 2004, 11:32 AM 

Yes! Finding a human arm in a unseasonal fog was great. I just hope the dog doesn't get killed, it just ruins a book for me. I will definitely try to find the book.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

The Delicate Storm

October 21 2004, 1:39 PM 

I'm really disappointed this one is available in our city's libraries.

There is another by this author. Has anyone read anthing else by Blunt?

I'm liking this one.

Respond to this message   
Doris
(no login)

Re: The Delicate Storm

October 22 2004, 12:05 AM 

Does your library do inter-library loan? Fortunately, mine does so have been able to get some that way - think this is only his second mystery -

Respond to this message   
Mary B.
(no login)

Why Can't I Get Into This?

October 22 2004, 7:21 AM 

I tried all week, but for some reason I could not get into this book. The words don't seem to flow off the pages. It seems as though everyone else who has written in likes this book, so maybe I need to check it out of the library and give it another chance.

Respond to this message   
Ed
(no login)

Re: Why Can't I Get Into This?

October 22 2004, 9:35 AM 

I'm with Mary. This book hasn't started yet for me, and it's Friday now. I just can't seem to get interested in it, which is unusual for me, for, like the movies, I can watch, (or ususally read) just about anything and stay focused.

Really looking forward to Monday's book.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Storm

October 22 2004, 11:29 AM 

I'm enjoying this mystery. I like the main plot, but also the sub-plot with the aging father. These are issues I've had to deal with in the last few years. I enjoy seeing this issue coming out in popular entertainment.

Respond to this message   

(Login bjtreynolds)

A very interesting book

October 22 2004, 11:37 AM 

This is a very interesting book. I like this one and last weeks one.

Respond to this message   
Debra
(no login)

Re: The Delicate Storm

October 22 2004, 2:48 PM 

The book is well written so far, with a promise of several sub-plots and interesting characters. I hope to check out the book and finish reading it.

Respond to this message   
Lynn
(no login)

Delicate Storm

October 26 2004, 4:09 PM 

I like it. Will check our library for it.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - The Delicate Storm (Mystery)
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.