January 7 2005 at 9:52 AM
Patricia McCord  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

t1582348480_l

Teen Book Club
Pictures in the Dark
by Patricia McCord
Buy book: $11.37

Sisters Carlie and Sarah live in Spokane, Washington. It's the 1950s and the Nevilles seem like the perfect family---Dad runs a floor-cleaning business, and Mom takes care of the girls. But something is wrong, and no matter how careful Sarah and Carlie are, they never know what might make their mother fly into a rage.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ann
(no login)

Disturbing

January 11 2005, 7:20 AM 

I know not every book can be a "happy" book. But I really find this disturbing. I will read all the installments this week, but this is not a book I will purchase. I like to read books that make me feel good...not depressed.

Respond to this message   
Mandy
(no login)

Re: Disturbing

January 11 2005, 5:48 PM 

I also enjoy reading happy books, but I think that valauble lessons can be learned from sadder ones as well. Personally, I think that this book is well written and I am interested in reading more. :-)

Respond to this message   
Nicole
(no login)

Re: Re: Disturbing

October 12 2005, 12:44 AM 

I can understand why you would like to read happy books but dont you think that it was written well? i personally thought it was a really good book and i loved the plot. Sometimes i didnt like what was going on in the book but it still made me want to read more.

Respond to this message   
Chanelle
(no login)

Re: Disturbing

December 31 2005, 4:38 PM 

I love a good book, and in order for a book to be good I think it has to be real. Not all life is happy, so not all books are either. This book is wonderfully written and I was entranced in the plot, even though it was not all hugs and smiles. I like reading books with a real story line and unfortunatly disfunctional families and abuse happens and I don't think that we can always be sheltered from it.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.