Swimming to America (Teen)

February 11 2005 at 3:41 PM
Alice Mead  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

t0374380473_l

Swimming to America
by Alice Mead
Buy book: $10.73

The quandary of the illegal immigrant Linda Berati, an eighth grader in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, knows that her parents are Albanian and her little sister American. But what is she? And how did she get to New York? Her parents evade her questions, fueling Linda's uneasiness about her identity. Only Ramon, a Cuban immigrant her age, seems to understand.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Tiqua
(no login)

So far....

February 14 2005, 6:11 PM 

So far this novel seems pretty mediocre. I guess it might be because I'm more of a romantic reader, but I still appreciate a good book. I liked Because of Winn Dixie, Gratefully Yours, On the Fringe, Nancy Drews, Beauty Sleep, Ella Enchanted, and many others. Perhaps this book just hasn't picked up yet, it's only the first chapter, right? :)

Respond to this message   
Rebecca
(no login)

Freaky!

February 15 2005, 11:38 AM 

Okay,this is sooo wierd,but I used to LIVE in Bay Ridge,Brooklyn.Sadly,I live in NJ now.Oh well.The book seems okay.Does anyone else have a book that relates to them?(you know,the main character live where you live,or looks just like you,etc.)?

Respond to this message   
Alexis
(no login)

Horrible

February 16 2005, 11:21 AM 

I don't like this book. Well i will give credit to the author. It just isn't my kind of book. I am into more of the mysteries and thrillers. Also tons of adult books. Well this is my comments. Bye.

This message has been edited by chapteraday on Feb 16, 2005 11:43 AM

Respond to this message   
Dmitriy
(no login)

BOOOORING!

February 16 2005, 10:18 PM 

So far this book is off to a really, really, really, really slow start. There's like no action happening or anything, last weeks book was much better.

Respond to this message   
Ann
(no login)

I agree

February 17 2005, 4:05 PM 

This book is totally boring! I am not interested in these characters. I don't care what is going to happen to them. I will finish reading tomorrow's installment but this book is NOT on my "To Read" list.

Respond to this message   
Chelsie
(no login)

I agree...

February 21 2005, 5:10 PM 

yeah... i agree with the people who said "boring" the book is moving kinda slow and the characters seem dull to me. 1/5 stars.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.