Skywriting (NonFiction)

February 27 2005 at 4:18 PM
Jane Pauley  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

n140006192X_l

Skywriting
by Jane Pauley
Buy book: $16.35

In this inspiring memoir, the beloved broadcaster and host of a brand-new daytime talk show writes about growing up in the Midwest, her three decades on NBC's "Today" show and "Dateline NBC," and what happened when, at mid-life, things began to change.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Doris
(no login)

Skywriting --

February 28 2005, 5:43 AM 

Oh my - looks like another good week of books for me - fiction, non-fiction and mystery - must do as one of the "readers" do - get out my pen and pad and make list so I won't forget -

I really like Jane Pauly and am looking forward to this memoir - I do like memoirs - also like her new show - she seems to deal with "purposeful" guests and issues - looked up her book on the net last nite and seems to be a very interesting topic - though a little confusing to me as to the "cause of her disorder" - will find out I suppose -

Respond to this message   
Pam
(no login)

Doris

February 28 2005, 5:04 PM 

Doris,
Don't you get the pre-publication book club selection too?

Respond to this message   
Pam
(no login)

Skywriting

March 1 2005, 6:17 AM 

This is really interesting. I love a well-written autobiography or a 'coming-of-age' story.

Respond to this message   

(Login noisecontrol)

Skywriting

March 2 2005, 9:15 AM 

This book is pretty phenomenal. It's always interesting to hear about the realities of life. I have to say I've suffered my share of ingrown toenails and hospital visits, but never adult hives. I did have them as a child though and almost died of them then. To think how difficult it could be for an adult to have them.

I'm glad she's around to write!

-Chris

Respond to this message   
Pam
(no login)

Great book

March 3 2005, 6:56 AM 

I am enjoying this a lot & have ordered it from the local library. Today's reading reminds me very much of a book called The Last Taboo by Scott Simmie who went on the edit another book called Beyond Crazy. Both are excellent, both published by McClelland & Stewart. Real insights into the world of mental illness and go a long way towards normalizing those who suffer from it. Good for people like Jane Pauley and Scott who are brave enough to let the rest of us read about their private struggles.

Respond to this message   
Irene
(no login)

Skywriting

March 3 2005, 8:18 AM 

I am finding this book to be very interesting and since we have a family member who suffers with clinical depression, I know I must read the entire book asap. And refer the book to our family member also. I have also had the experience of watching so called (in those days) manic/depressives in action in the days before drug therapies were available. Thank goodness that has changed!

Respond to this message   
Sharon
(no login)

Skywriting

March 3 2005, 10:04 AM 

Bravo to Jane Pauley for pulling back the curtain on depression - a subject much in need of further sunlight. As a mother of a bi-polar child and one who has dealt with depression myself, Jane handles both topics with her typical no-nonsense, straightforward, Mid-western manner. A must read for all concerned with mental health issues.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Re: Skywriting (NonFiction)

March 3 2005, 4:08 PM 

TODAY I FOUND TIME TO READ THURS. OFFERING, AND MUST SAY I REGRET MISSING THE FIRST THREE DAYS OF JANE PAULEY'S BIO. BECAUSE DEPRESSION HAS BEEN STRONG IN ME, MY SIBLINGS, AND SOME OF MY CHILDREN, IT'S A TOPIC OF HIGH PRIORITY. IT CAN BE A HELL ON EARTH, WITH THE ROLLER COASTER HIGHS AND DEEPEST DEPTHS. TONIGHT I'LL STOP AT OUR LOCAL LIBRARY AND/OR BOOKSTORE TO PURCHASE MY OWN COPY THAT I CAN SHARE WITH FAMILY. BLESS YOU, SUZANNE, AND OTHERS AFFECTED.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Skywriting (NonFiction)
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.