<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  

How to Win Customers and Keep Them for Life (Business)

March 27 2005 at 4:55 PM
Michael LeBoeuf  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

b0425175014_l

How to Win Customers and Keep Them for Life
by Michael LeBoeuf
Buy book: $9.36

One of the nation's foremost business consultants presents a hard-hitting, rewards-and-incentives program for creating a winning sales team. This classic, no-nonsense guide is completely updated for today's computer-driven world.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(no login)

How to Win Customers and Keep Them for Life (Business)

March 28 2005, 12:49 PM 

Hey, sound interesting and I believe this book makes a point and I am one on those folks who, dont say much when Im at a resturant or gas station, when service is bad, I just go some where else.

Respond to this message   
Sheryl
(Login mamalemma)

Target Corp needs to read this book!

March 30 2005, 4:08 PM 

I, too, am the kind of customer who says nothing, but never comes back, and then tells everyone I know. I can't stop thinking about Target (the retail store) when I read this excerpt. I love Target, and so when I was given a problem trying to return something without a receipt, I actually complained -- and when I told the "manager" (I do use that term loosely) that if their business was so dependent upon a barcode (which had been pulled off the tag b/c it was very close to the price of the gift), then there was something very wrong with their business practices, I was told, "Well, that's not my problem." I told her, "Well, I am." The sad thing is, they never did correct the problem. The whole process of trying to return a $15 shirt took 1 1/2 hours of my time, and all for naught. I keep toying with writing Corporate Customer Service, because not only was my situation botched badly, their entire return policy is designed to punish all for the misdeeds of the few.

I apologize for the rant; guess I still needed to blow off steam three months AFTER the incident. I still go to Target (my options are limited), but I think about my experience every time I step foot in that store -- and frankly, feel a little dirty that I do. And I really did love Target before this.

Respond to this message   
Pam
(no login)

used to say nothing

March 31 2005, 6:41 AM 

I used to say nothing but as I get older I find I'm getting more and more like my late eccentric aunt who was known to pour a thin milkshake on the counter exclaiming "you call this a milkshake!" I'm not that bad yet!

Respond to this message   
Julie E Di Marco
(no login)

Very Interesting

March 31 2005, 12:25 AM 

The tips and suggestions are true and quite trite. As a former Mary Kay Salesperson, the methods are well used by the most intelligent or sentinet members of our society.

Respond to this message   
Richard
(no login)

Same Experience as Listed in the Book

April 1 2005, 11:49 AM 

I had many experiences as listed in the book. The mangement were not willing to listen or take actions to correct the bottom of the problems. The business dropped and I lost my job from massive staff reduction. However, the stock went UP and the mangement cashed handsomely (CEO made 24 mil from 18 mil). I am still try to find my OLD job back somewhere (I work in a much lower pay in a different company). It's VERY difficult to explain to my kids that dady can't afford violin lessons anymore and virtually ruined his chance to be on the roaster of ALL-STATE orchestra (This is the true story).

Respond to this message   
Chelle
(no login)

Richard - Take Heart

April 6 2005, 7:36 AM 

Richard, you sound like a good, caring father. I was very moved by your story of "under employment." My husband went through a similar situation, being laid off twice by the same company in the telecom industry and then he had to switch to a totally different industry and still hasn't recovered his original salary. All I can say, is that your son is very lucky to have such a good, hard working father.

Keep your chin up. These are hard times. You're a good guy, and I hope you find a quality company worthy of your service soon. Good luck. And by the way, have you considered maybe opening your own small company? Chelle

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - How to Win Customers and Keep Them for Life (Business)
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.