Fade (PrePublication)

May 22 2005 at 2:22 PM
Kyle Mills  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

p0312335776_l

Fade
by Kyle Mills
Buy book: $15.72

In this new thriller by the bestselling author of "Rising Phoenix," a secret department of Homeland Security tries to recruit a retired agent who is bitterly angry at the government he believes abandoned him.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Trishia
(no login)

Fade

May 23 2005, 5:07 PM 

Normally, I would turn away from a book with any base in the war and all the problems surrounding it. I have to hear about it enough through the day, I don't want to read about it in my fiction at night. However, I started reading the excerpt Before the opening of the email, and being one who cannot start reading something without finishing (without a really good reason, anyway), I kept reading.
I like the narrative form here, casual, yet knowledgeable. Also I like that the character is so young. Nice that someone out there feels there are young people with thoughts worth publishing, even if they are fiction.
I am going to keep reading the sections, probably will have to read the whole book now that I have started it- so I am glad that I didn't read the starter this time, it would have been a good book (I hope) that I would have turned down due to its connection to the war...

Respond to this message   
Loisirene
(no login)

Know thy enemy

May 25 2005, 10:27 PM 

From the brief excerpts that I read, I find this book to capture the essence and mindset of the Middle East and definitely worth reading the entire book. Ever since 9/11, Americans have been made more aware of the turmoil in the Middle East and have been sucked into its chaos. I am glad to see this fiction book as a venue to enlight or educate Americans about this region of the world since some (readers) view nonfiction books on terrorism and related topics as boring or propaganda. It will be interesting to discover how the author circumvents "solving Arab problems with American solutions" and not "having a history of failure" as a result.

Respond to this message   
Kris
(no login)

fiction vs news

May 26 2005, 11:38 AM 

I am enjoying the excerpts from this book and do plan on reading it. I am curious to see how it will be received in the States. Will people want to read about this and think about these issues? Lots of people I know say they get too much of these issues in the news. So far, I think the author has done a good job with the topic and it has been interesting.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.