<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  

Death Watch (Good News and Christian)

June 10 2005 at 1:16 PM
Jack Cavanaugh; Jerry Kuiper  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

g0310251044_l

Death Watch
by Jack Cavanaugh; Jerry Kuiper
Buy book: $11.05

In a post-9/11 world, rookie TV reporter Sydney St. James is teamed with veteran anchor Hunz Vonner when people randomly begin receiving notices informing them that they have 48 hours to live. As time runs out, Sydney and Hunz encounter a bizarre scenario, and suddenly find themselves facing the ultimate terrorist.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(no login)

Hello? Anyone There?

June 15 2005, 1:13 PM 

I have been reading this exerpt. Is anyone else? I thought Tuesday's read seemed a little short. Monday's read was interesting, but I'm waiting to see where the reporter thing goes. I bet this accident is where she sees the Death Watch message, eh?

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Good News Club: Death Watch?

June 15 2005, 1:55 PM 

This is fascinating to me for various reasons. One reason is this is the Good News Book Club so it has to do with a Christian based theme. I'm interested to know when the Christian aspect will come into view with a Death Watch. It will be the first "Christian" book of its kind that I have read. You have to admit it isn't your usual Christian book. I'd never have read it on my own because it isn't the type of book that normally would interest me, but I'm interested to see where the Christian aspect comes in.
Also, someone is taking other people's lives. Maybe a vendicta or something similar. I enjoy this book club so much.
Can't wait until the reading tomorrow.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Read the rest of the book.

June 20 2005, 8:27 PM 

I just finished the whole book in one day. Now I have to act upon my faith and share some good news about the Tree of Life.

Respond to this message   
Pam
(no login)

I'm here

June 15 2005, 4:03 PM 

I'm curious to read more and see where this is going. Finding it interesting so far.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Interesting...

June 15 2005, 4:38 PM 

I thought that the book started out good, but I to am wanting too know where the reporter angle goes. If the next two days reads pick up I may put this on my library list.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Producer's Car?

June 17 2005, 10:47 AM 

Who wants to bet the producer is the one who got the deathwatch message and who's car was hit? That would explain how Sydney hears about the message found in the car.

Respond to this message   
Lisa
(Login LisesPieces24)

Death Watch

June 30 2005, 11:43 AM 

I was quite intrigued by this book and wanted to read it. However, I was once again thwarted in my attempts to get my hands on a copy. Neither the library nor my local Chapters book store has a copy.

Actually, I am finding that this happens quite often. Since I've joined these book clubs (about a month now) I 've come across several selections that are not available to me.

Respond to this message   

(Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

Re: Death Watch

June 30 2005, 12:52 PM 

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for visiting our forum. We appreciate it. I'm sorry that you are having trouble finding the books that feature. Any of the books that we feature can be purchased online at www.Bamm.com. If you click on Suzanne's picture first--it is on the left side of the homepage--the book club will get credit for any books purchased. This allows Suzanne to continue bringing you this service.

I'm glad that you are enjoying the books and the book club and have a great day!!

Tiffany Yelk
DearReader.com

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Death Watch (Good News and Christian)
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.