Pirates of Pensacola (Fiction)

June 18 2005 at 12:52 PM
Keith Thomson  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

f0312334990_l

Pirates of Pensacola
by Keith Thomson
Buy book: $16.06

The Cooke and Hood families have been at each other's throats since the Spanish Main days. The latest chapter in their piratic rivalry takes place in 2004, when an old treasure map turns up.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jen
(Login Furz75)

Prologue

June 19 2005, 11:32 PM 

I just read the prologue and so far seems like an exciting book to read!

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Pirates

June 20 2005, 8:07 AM 

After reading the prologue my interest is peaked. I can't wait to find out what happens next.

Respond to this message   

(Login ahurlbut)

Arr!

June 20 2005, 9:27 AM 

After reading today's read, this sounds really entertaining! I especially liked the beginning where Napoleon was waiting in the dark....I never suspected a costume party. :) Very nice touch and I'm sure this will only get better over the course of the week.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"What wild desires, what restless torments seize
The hapless man, who feels the book-disease..."
- Dr. John Ferriar (from the poem Bibliomania, 1863)

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Pirates...

June 20 2005, 9:47 AM 

What a welcome change from last week's fiction read! The reviews I've checked all promise a romp of a read. This first installment doesn't fall short. But, alas, I have to wait for the real book to be returned to the library. It's going to be a long week!

Respond to this message   
Kimmi
(Login kimmi1245)

Pirates

June 20 2005, 9:57 AM 

Just in time! I'm heading for the beach next week and hoping that I can find this book at one of my libraries to take with me. This sounds likes it's going to be a great beach read. It sounds like it has a little bit of everything......suspense, humor, excitement. Thanks,Suzanne!

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Modern day pirates

June 20 2005, 12:03 PM 

I love the idea of modern day pirates! Definitely interested in finding out more. The costume party was a suprise and the possibilities are endless as to what could happen next. I think it will be a great summer read.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

modern day pirates

June 20 2005, 11:40 PM 

i just started reading this book ,i agree it does sound interesting i might just have to check this one out.

Respond to this message   
Chris
(no login)

Brain cramp

June 22 2005, 5:46 PM 

Someone explain this to me...
-------------
The pirate reached across the chauffeur's lap, opened his door, and attempted to shove him out of the car, but the stout fellow was seat-belted in, tight.

Then things, as far as the pirate was concerned, got worse. He heard men running into the parking lot. Evidently hearing them, too, the chauffeur woke up.

"Drive," the pirate barked.

The chauffeur rubbed sleep from his eyes.

The pirate added, "Now!"

Still drowsy, the chauffeur said, "Sorry, chief, you're in the wrong car."

"This is my car now," the pirate declared, and for emphasis he wound his sword back through the open window and swung it, hacking the headrest clean off the chauffeur's seat.
------------
How can the pirate be *in* the car and hack off the headrest through the open window?

Respond to this message   
Pam
(no login)

?

June 23 2005, 6:45 PM 

Well, gosh, he 'wound' it back in through the window, sort of a fishing rod kind of sword I guess. I was wondering why the chauffeur's head didn't come off with the headrest.

Respond to this message   
Lisa
(Login LisesPieces24)

Pirates

June 30 2005, 11:47 AM 

I too, was wondering how he managed to hack off the headrest without decapitating the driver of the car....hmmmm....must be an excellent swordsman.

I found the installments to be quite entertaining. I wasn't sure at first about the whole modern day pirate thing, but the writing caught my attention anyway. I have requested a copy from my local library and am looking forward to reading the whole book.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

response to Pirates

June 23 2005, 12:17 AM 

As the other writers here have said I too am hooked by what I have read. It will be a long week waiting for each days read to arrive.

Respond to this message   

(Login Jen_534)

Re: Pirates of Pensacola (Fiction)

June 23 2005, 12:21 AM 

I like this book so far. I'm going to look for it at my local library. I hope it continues to be interesting!

Respond to this message   

(no login)

What a Hoot!

July 22 2005, 9:18 PM 

This has been the PERFECT summer read! What a hoot! Lots of excitement ala Indiana Jones (but at sea), and one pun after the next. There surely is a movie in the works, and I'll be first in line for tickets.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Pirates of Pensacola (Fiction)
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.