<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  

Responsible Men (Fiction)

July 16 2005 at 11:05 AM
Edward Schwarzschild  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

f156512409X_l

Responsible Men
by Edward Schwarzschild
Buy book: $16.06

Is there really such a thing as a responsible man? Max Wolinsky, a swindling salesman, asks this question when old associates want in on his latest scam. Further complicating the situation are family dysfunctions and Max's attempts to reconnect with his father, uncle, and teen-aged son.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login mrspvtk)

What's next?

July 17 2005, 10:51 PM 

What do you think happened to Uncle Stuart?

Respond to this message   
Doris
(no login)

Fiction book - Memory of Running -

July 18 2005, 9:07 AM 

FYI - I just finished the book and posted a response in that forum this morn - in case anyone else read - would love to hear your thoughts on that book - Doris -

Respond to this message   
Paula
(Login pst333)

Good One

July 19 2005, 12:01 PM 

Pretty good answer on Uncle Stuart. This guy is good! He's got me hooked. I want to warn the poor old couple!

Respond to this message   

(no login)

ho hum

July 19 2005, 11:22 AM 

Nothing seems to be grabbing my attention much this week. I did just finish reading In the Company of Cheerful Ladies which I loved - thanks for the recommendation, Ann, I think it was. These days are made for sitting outside in the breeze and reading, not for computer reading!

Respond to this message   
MBG1968
(no login)

Ooogh!

July 19 2005, 11:38 AM 

I hate reading about slimy people like this. Con-men as main character? No thanks!

Respond to this message   
Kristi
(no login)

not bad

July 19 2005, 3:33 PM 

I don't know if I'm gonna like this. It's an interesting story but something about conning older people...I don't know if I want to read about it. I'm sure there's more to it than that. Anyways, enjoying the read this week so far.

Respond to this message   
Pam
(no login)

responsible?

July 20 2005, 5:42 AM 

Okay, today's read is pulling me in a bit, maybe this book has promise...

Respond to this message   
Doris
(no login)

Pam - a recommendation -

July 20 2005, 10:01 AM 

Pam - my dtr's bookclub"s next selection is "The Jane Austen Book Club" which I have just read a bit of and summary - looks to be a good book to read while lolling in the hammock in summer shade - Doris - (by Fowler)

Respond to this message   
Pam
(no login)

thanks Doris

July 20 2005, 6:28 PM 

Thanks for the recommendation. Will put it on my library list.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Another suggestion....

July 22 2005, 9:29 PM 

Remember the selection a couple of weeks back, PIRATES OF PENSACOLA? What a hoot! I had to wait a while to get it, but have been laughing out loud through the entire book! Perfect summer read, an INTELLIGENT spoof. If you passed on it, give it another chance.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Re: Responsible Men (Fiction)

July 24 2005, 7:42 PM 

Sorry, but this was not my cup of tea. Too slow and detailed with non essential material.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Responsible Men (Fiction)
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.