The Canning Season (Teen)

July 31 2005 at 11:50 AM
Polly Horvath  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

t0374399565_l

The Canning Season
by Polly Horvath
Buy book: $10.73

By turns dark and humorous, Horvath offers adolescent readers enough quirky characters and outrageous situations to leave them reeling.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ann
(no login)

YUCK!

August 1 2005, 9:47 AM 

So far I don't like it at all. I will read the rest of the week to see if it gets any better.

Respond to this message   
mika
(no login)

Re: YUCK!

August 1 2005, 2:47 PM 

i think this book is really yuck too. hopefully something better will pop up this week..

Respond to this message   
Ann
(no login)

Day 2

August 2 2005, 7:56 AM 

HATE IT!!! A LOT!! This book is terrible!

Respond to this message   
mika
(no login)

Re: Day 2

August 3 2005, 6:38 PM 

wow so far the book stinks and i dont think i wanna read anymore of the samples this week. im really hoping that there will a waaaay better book next week.

Respond to this message   

(Login argeorge)

Very Strange........

August 5 2005, 3:43 PM 

I think this book is really weird. It doesn't get your attention at all. The book talks about one thing, then switches to something completly different. I find the book kind of confusing. I agree with Vicki and Erica, this author is trying way, WAY to hard to get people to read the book.

A*B*B*Y

Respond to this message   
Vicki
(no login)

Trying Too Hard

August 4 2005, 10:40 AM 

I think this author is trying way too hard to be quirky. Everything is forced and these characters are all morons. Every single one of them. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I will not be wasting any more of my time this week. I will wait for Monday when, hopefully, we will have a much better read.

Respond to this message   
Erica
(no login)

Not Very Intesting

August 4 2005, 10:13 PM 

I didn't enjoy this book at all. It seems to me like the suthor is trying wayyyyyy too hard to make people like the book!!

Respond to this message   
Lori
(Login lorijolliffe)

Great

August 5 2005, 9:24 AM 

I love what I have seen so far. The characters are interesting and funny- cute even. I was laughing at so many parts. Can't wait to get to library.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

this story is cool!!!

August 5 2005, 5:28 PM 

i think that the story is good so far and that everyone should read it...

Respond to this message   
summer
(no login)

Re: Great

October 27 2005, 12:47 PM 

I thought the book was ok but it was really dark and I just felt like I shouldn't be reading it so halfway through the book I stopped it was awful. It takes a lot for me to stop reading a book!

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - The Canning Season (Teen)
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.