The Pampered Chef (Business)

November 11 2005 at 1:16 PM
Doris Christopher  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

b0385515359_l

The Pampered Chef
by Doris Christopher
Buy book: $15.71

Christopher's extraordinary account reveals how she turned an innovative concept and a $3,000 investment into a business with annual sales approaching the billion-dollar mark.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Mary B.
(no login)

Interesting

November 14 2005, 12:13 PM 

I've read about the author in business magazines so I'm enjoying reading the "unabridged" version of her success. May I also say that I am a lover of many of the products. I have spatulas that I've had for years but they look brand new. The gingerbread house mold (no longer in their inventory) makes the cutest house. Okay, I'll come out of my reverie now.

Respond to this message   
Bonnie
(no login)

Mary B

November 15 2005, 4:39 PM 

Mary B, we do have the same tastes in so many things! I'd love to see one of your gingerbread houses!

Respond to this message   
Mary B.
(no login)

I'm Going to Do It!

November 17 2005, 11:10 AM 

Well, Bonnie, just because you've been so supportive in cyber space, I am going to dust off my Pampered Chef mold and make a HAPPY BIRTHDAY GINGERBREAD HOUSE! My sister turns 50 on Thanksgiving, so this is what I am going to make for the table centerpiece. You sound like you really love cooking and kitchen gadgets.

Respond to this message   
Bonnie
(no login)

Doris Christopher

November 14 2005, 3:30 PM 

I don't know the author personally, but my best friend's husband was a fraternity brother of Jay Christopher. My son also graduated from the same university. I have several Pampered Chef items in my home.

What I do know about Doris and Jay is that they are very generous people. There are two new buildings (Library and the new meteorology/geography buildingd) standing on the campus of Valparaiso University in Indiana honoring the Christophers name. I know of one other person who donated very generously to the new meteorology building, but did not want his name used for the name of the building. I believe these people all want to make the world a better place for future generations. I look forward to reading the rest of this book.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Doris Christopher

November 17 2005, 10:47 AM 

I am SO enjoying this week's business read. For one brief shining year I was a Pampered Chef consultant and loved every minute. Then my life changed, I moved, and I could not keep up the business. But I do remember meeting Doris Christopher in a hotel conference room in Virginia where she had taken the time to personally spend the day with area Pampered Chef consultants, talk about the business, encourage us and educate us. She was so down to earth! This book is just as down-to-earth as she is. I look forward to having a copy in my personal library.

PS Someday I hope to go back to this business -- I love cooking and teaching as do the other Pampered Chef consultants. For now I simply teach my children and neighbors, using Pampered Chef products, of course!

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - The Pampered Chef (Business)
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.