<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  

Opening Mexico (NonFiction)

December 9 2005 at 11:20 AM
Julia Preston and Samuel Dillon  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

n0374226687_l

Opening Mexico
by Julia Preston and Samuel Dillon
Buy book: $18.00

The story of Mexico's political rebirth, by two Pulitzer Prize-winning reporters, "Opening Mexico" is a narrative history of the citizens' movement which dismantled the kleptocratic one-party state that dominated Mexico in the 20th century, and replaced it with a lively democracy.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Mary
(no login)

Thank you

December 15 2005, 12:43 PM 

It's very hard to keep up with current events but it's great to have this service that let's us know what is happening in Europe as well as with our neighbors to the south. I have seen Fox's name in the news but had no idea of what it took to get him there. Thanks for bringing us these great reads, even tho I seldom get to read more than this weeks portion I appreciate even a little knowledge that it brings.
Mary

Respond to this message   
Angie
(no login)

Re: Opening Mexico (NonFiction)

December 16 2005, 6:55 AM 

I remember when I was in Mexico one afternoon of the elections, and it is umbelievable how patriotic Mexican people are! It is in fact important to know that no matter what people complain about, a vote does always make the difference.I did not know that Fox had that big of a victory!

Respond to this message   
Jean Beth
(Login JeanBeth30)

Mexico

December 23 2005, 4:18 PM 

A smart intellegent read. Great background information about our southern neighbor. The continued struggle for a voice in the government is well written with fully developed and sympathetic characters. I was brought into their living room in the first few pages and felt the worry and energy. Great writing.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.